DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
23,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You might want to check out this clever use of AUTORECORD that oldfantom came up with in the Advanced SEARCH/AUTORECORD thread. I'll copy my response to his post below. For help on using advanced KEYWORD searching, you can ask us here. /steve

oldfantom said:
Anyone have a list of any other AANY searches that might be OK? For example, I can't think that AANY MONK PSYCH would be a good idea (but maybe if I add SHOW TYPE SERIES?).
Great out of the box thinking! Very clever idea to save SL spots, IMO.

I'd probably do AANY monk psych TTITLE CCHAN 242.

Looking at one of my TODO lists, I'd group them by channels.
  • AANY heroes law trauma leno TTITLE CCHAN 4
  • AANY greys ugly private stars fast TTITLE CCHAN 7
  • AANY CSI NCIS minds mentalist wife TTITLE CCHAN 2
  • AANY closer grace raising TTITLE CCHAN 245
These AUTORECORDS could save up to 17 spots in the PRIORITIZER!

I think you're on to something! Only potential issues with this approach that come to mind are less control over individual show priorities and potentially weird PLAYLIST sorting.

·
Banned
1 Posts
The sofware is incapable of having more than 50 series links, as it is poorly written and adding more series link capabilities, would crash the system all the time

wait for the Tivo, that will have much more series pass, and will not have the need for hokey complicated work arounds

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Sirshagg said:
That's why we need MRV! :)
Its not even Friday yet....but hey the early bird and the worm right? :lol:

·
Hall Of Fame
4,922 Posts
bsboggs said:
I've actually found that since I'm using the PlayOn media server to stream internet content from Hulu, CBS, netflix, etc. I'm able to get rid of quite a few series links. I think I'm down to about 25-30 now.
Well, there is a solution that will work for everyone. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
14,044 Posts
Steve said:
Ya, but then I have to change inputs on the TV, the receiver, check the other PLAYLIST and deal with another remote. Too much work! :lol: /steve
Or one TV input with a HDMI switch....:lol:

·
Difficulty Concen........
7,394 Posts
What does that show up as in the list? I have scrunched my Saturday nights to save room by combining Cops and AMW in one manual recording, but twice now I have forgotten and because it is listed as Cops, I delete it before I watch hour 2.

Does each recording show up as the actual show title?

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
bsboggs said:
I've actually found that since I'm using the PlayOn media server to stream internet content from Hulu, CBS, netflix, etc. I'm able to get rid of quite a few series links. I think I'm down to about 25-30 now.
Unfortunately not all of the hulu/cbs content is full episodes. I missed The Unit last Sunday so I decided to use PlayOn and watch it from Hulu. However hulu only had like 5 2 minute segments. :(

·
Registered
23,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
armophob said:
What does that show up as in the list? I have scrunched my Saturday nights to save room by combining Cops and AMW in one manual recording, but twice now I have forgotten and because it is listed as Cops, I delete it before I watch hour 2.

Yes and no. I can't figure out the rhyme or reason. My "csi CCHAN 2" autorecord puts them all in one folder named for the SEARCH string. But my "yankees & Show Type, Events" showed each game separately in the PLAYLIST, as if I did single records. Guess we'll have to test more and see what happens.

FWIW, we have a Wish List request intended to address this:

AUTORECORD matches should be grouped in PLAYLIST folders named for the recorded shows' titles, just as if they were recorded by SERIES LINKS.

/steve

·
Icon
661 Posts
armophob said:

When you do a autorecord on a keyword, it is grouped in a folder with the name of your search. So CSI will not be in the sam folder as CSI TTITLE....

I had been recording big manual blocks on Sunday night on Fox. But keyword combinations are getting me down to a realm where I can record some of the fringe shows and keep my season passes for the summer shows that are on break right now.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,732 Posts
RunnerFL said:
And you know this for sure?

I doubt it...
Really? My 5 or 6 year old Tivo running in the spare room doesn't have limits. The arachic cable DVR I used last summer (that everyone loves to ridicule) doesn't have limits.

AFAIK, the D* DVRs are the only ones with limits.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.