DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got Dish Network with the 722, I just noticed on my bill there is a $50 upgrade charge. I don' t know what this is for. I plan on calling Dish, but figured I'd ask here first in case I should know something first.

· Hall Of Fame
3,182 Posts
ronnald said:
I just got Dish Network with the 722, I just noticed on my bill there is a $50 upgrade charge. I don' t know what this is for. I plan on calling Dish, but figured I'd ask here first in case I should know something first.
Are you sure it isn't the activation fee? Dish HD customers are usually given free activation when they sign up with a 2-year committment. If you didn't want the committment, Dish charges the $50 activation fee.

· Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
The free HDDVR now is the 612 if you want the 722 it is $50 more for new customers now.

· Cool Member
16 Posts
ronnald said:
I *just* dealt with the same issue. I ended up talking to a retention operator (due to problems with my install date) and asked for the VIP722 and she never mentioned the upgrade fee. When I saw my bill I called up and customer service explained over and over again what it was for but didn't understand why I was upset. I asked for a supervisor, told him that I was never told about the upgrade fee and he gave me a $50 credit to cover it.

· AllStar
61 Posts
Bizket said:
I *just* dealt with the same issue. I ended up talking to a retention operator (due to problems with my install date) and asked for the VIP722 and she never mentioned the upgrade fee. When I saw my bill I called up and customer service explained over and over again what it was for but didn't understand why I was upset. I asked for a supervisor, told him that I was never told about the upgrade fee and he gave me a $50 credit to cover it.
They charged me an upgrade fee after they told me I couldn't lease one for an RV and I bought a 722 elsewhere. I'm still trying to get credit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.