DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a 500 gb backup and storage for my HD DVR 722 (I think) < It works great, However, every time I turn off the DVR, it will not recognize the extra storage when I turn it ack on, so I have to unplug it the USB stoatge and then plug back in and it recognizes it. Any suggestions

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
What do you mean by "turn off" the DVR? A 722 either goes into a "standby mode" or the power is "disconnected" through some external switch system or by unplugging it. If you just put it in standby mode by "turning it off" with the red button on your remote, it shouldn't have a problem with the external hard drive. The EHD may be going into a sleep mode of its own. What brand and model is it?

· Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
phrelin said:
What do you mean by "turn off" the DVR? A 722 either goes into a "standby mode" or the power is "disconnected" through some external switch system or by unplugging it. If you just put it in standby mode by "turning it off" with the red button on your remote, it shouldn't have a problem with the external hard drive. The EHD may be going into a sleep mode of its own. What brand and model is it?
i USE A HARMONY 880 TO CONTROL ALL WHEN I TURN OFF IT TURNS OFF EVERYTHING. VS PUTTING IN SLLEP MODE. THAT MUST BE THE PROBLEM. WILL TRY IT AND REPORT BACK

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
bohaiboy said:
i USE A HARMONY 880 TO CONTROL ALL WHEN I TURN OFF IT TURNS OFF EVERYTHING. VS PUTTING IN SLLEP MODE. THAT MUST BE THE PROBLEM. WILL TRY IT AND REPORT BACK
FYI, If you truly are turning your receiver off, instead of standby, you are going to have problems in the future... since the nightly updates to the EPG (for example) happen while in standby. Also, with your receiver actually off, no automatic timers would fire to record stuff when the receiver is off.

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
If you turn your TV system on without turning on the 722 and you see a nifty "Turbocharged" or other screen message which is actually a screen saver, it's in standby. If the box has power to it, it's in standby.

If it's in standby and you're having this problem, if we knew what brand and model EHD you have, we could refer you to some older threads that discuss model specific quirks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.