DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Legend
107 Posts
I was having a timer problem and the second csr (the first one simply disappeared as soon as I described my problem to him) had me perform the same test you are describing - except that he wasn't interested in any messages - he simply wanted to dump and refresh the memory. Afterwords things seemed to be working ok but next morning when I got up and turned the receiver on mr blinky was doing his thing (although there were no timers set). Latter in the day I set some timers and that night the very first one failed to fire. Reset the timer and for the past week or so everything seems to be functioning ok. Back to the memory dump - it also dumped my favorites list and channel order sequence, but not my previously recordings.

While on the line with the csr I asked him the proper method to kill my blinky. He seemed surprised I would ask such a dumb question and simply responded with "the cancel button". I told him about how this had at one time caused my timers to malfunction but he seemed unimpressed or at least unconvinced that a lowly consumer had knowledge that he did not have.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.