DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
AllStar
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If dish says that the caller id won't work during PVR functions then it is pretty much useless to me and others who never watch LIVE tv. What a great disappointment in the SW development team. What's the point of having a caller id on a PVR if it doesn't work. They advertise ZAP commercials never watch another commercial, which means most people would be using PVR functions during incoming phone call. The caller ID should work during any PVR function.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
Although I dont have it yet, while it would be nice to have the Caller-ID show up on the screen, I can foresee myself not turning it off and having names and telephone numbers scattered throughout my recordings.

During playback, it should be enabled.
I would think if enough people complained, that could easily be taken care of in the next upgrade, but I kinda like the idea thats it's not enabled during recording.

G

·
Where did this information come from? I was one of the first with 153, today while I was watching a recorded show, my mother-in-law called and up poped her number on the screen. Unless I am missing the point, caller ID works live or PVR. I don't know if it will show up while in the guide or not, but it appears to be working very well for me.

Although I haven't checked, I doubt that the caller ID is recorded on disk, if your going to tape, it will show up on the tape. The 5000 doesn't do this because it was designed with a VCR set of connections which doesn't pass through the caller ID info. Hope this helps clear this up.

·
AllStar
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the information from another thread about someone who was told from Dish that the caller id info didn't work during PTV functions. Oh well, I will just have to wait and see whenever Dish decides to give my 501 the 153 upgrade.

·
AllStar
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called Dish tech support today and they told me that the upgrade is done according to the serial number on the unit. Would you let me know when you get yours and I will do the same. Thanks:shrug:

·
Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
sure will :)
Hopefully Mark one of our Admins here will be getting it soon.
Brad's caller ID has me stumped, I started thread for everyone to post in regarding there success with there caller ID.

P153 Caller ID is it working or not working, hopefully we will here some stories in this thread.

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
As of this morning, I still don't have the upgrade. I won't be able to chime in on the caller id though, because I don't subscribe to caller id - Qwest wants way too much money for it here in Denver.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.