DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 622 came up with a 502 error saying something was wrong with the check switch. Nothing had changed on my setup, so don't know where it came from. Tried a soft reboot and a hard reboot. No luck. Tried unplugging the connections then running check switch and then plugging back in, tried switching the connections. Only one input is working on all three sats, the other only brings in one. So I can watch 1 sat program only or a sat and OTA but not two sat programs at once. Any suggestions on what to do or what is wrong? Never had any problems before with this.

·
Super Moderator
53,500 Posts
Have you disconnected ALL receivers from the switch/LNB at the same time?
Sometimes a complete power down helps reset everything.

If you don't have an external switch (like the DPP44) it will probably be easier to unplug both of your receivers or disconnect the coax on the back of both. Otherwise (your choice) you can disconnect at the back of the receiver or the switch. If you have a DPP44 make sure the power inserter is also unplugged.

As long as you have A receiver connected to your LNB/switch it gets powered. If the LNB/switch is locked up you'll need to remove all power to reset it.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a DP34. I will retry disconnecting all of them. Any other ideas if that doesn't work?

·
Super Moderator
53,500 Posts
I'm assuming with a DP34 you have two runs to the 622 (one for each tuner).
If not, that would be your problem.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
James Long said:
I'm assuming with a DP34 you have two runs to the 622 (one for each tuner).
If not, that would be your problem.
Yep two runs to the 622

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mark Lamutt said:
ebaltz - what channel(s) were you watching or were you tuning to when you got the switch error message? And, where are you located?
No idea. It happened a day or so ago and I didn't have time to address it at the moment. Signals appear all good on the 3 sats on the one input. only 119 is coming through on the second input. Located in Phoenix. We have occasional dropouts on 129 here.

Unplugged everything last night. Then replugged everything back in. No change. Tried switching connections at the switch. Didn't really effect anything.

·
Hall Of Fame/Supporter
2,143 Posts
ebaltz said:
No idea. It happened a day or so ago and I didn't have time to address it at the moment. Signals appear all good on the 3 sats on the one input. only 119 is coming through on the second input. Located in Phoenix. We have occasional dropouts on 129 here.

Unplugged everything last night. Then replugged everything back in. No change. Tried switching connections at the switch. Didn't really effect anything.
ebaltz,

I had a very similar problem. As it turned out it was not related to the switch but was actually associated to software corruption that was retained by the receiver. I worked with E* advanced tech. support who replaced the receiver but IMHO the problem receiver was fixed. I'm going to send you a PM about a procedure that fixed the satellite reception problem.

John

·
8 Posts
boylehome said:
ebaltz,

I had a very similar problem. As it turned out it was not related to the switch but was actually associated to software corruption that was retained by the receiver. I worked with E* advanced tech. support who replaced the receiver but IMHO the problem receiver was fixed. I'm going to send you a PM about a procedure that fixed the satellite reception problem.

John
I have had the same problem. Usually it happens when I change channels or record a diffrent channel. If I go to check switch menu and look at all three signals, 119,122 and 61.5 then exit it ussually clears the problem. It is frustrating though.

·
Hall Of Fame/Supporter
2,143 Posts
dmacy said:
I have had the same problem. Usually it happens when I change channels or record a diffrent channel. If I go to check switch menu and look at all three signals, 119,122 and 61.5 then exit it ussually clears the problem. It is frustrating though.
dmacy,

I also sent a PM to Mark and Ron, our moderators. If what happened with mine has merit, I'm sure that the results will get posted, otherwise, it just may be extra effort.

John

·
Hall Of Fame
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dmacy said:
I can exit out of the check switch screen with the exit button on the remote, not the screen itself ("Done" is grayed out). This gives me access to OTA and One Sat tuner. If it tries to access two SAT signals it bombs out. I am going to try Boylehome's Factory Defaults reset and see what happens.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Factory Preset reset didn't do anything (except wipe off my settings and Locals). Still get a 502 error. So I have tried virtually every combination of reboots and resets etc... with absolutely no changes. Any finals suggestions?

·
Hall Of Fame/Supporter
2,143 Posts
Sorry nothing helps. It is time to call E* so they can go through the troubleshooting protocol and most likely replace your receiver.
ebaltz said:
The Factory Preset reset didn't do anything (except wipe off my settings and Locals). Still get a 502 error. So I have tried virtually every combination of reboots and resets etc... with absolutely no changes. Any finals suggestions?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
boylehome said:
Sorry nothing helps. It is time to call E* so they can go through the troubleshooting protocol and most likely replace your receiver.
Oh joy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.