I installed a brand new 508 two weeks ago.
The first week no problems. This past week, the unit stopped responding intermittently to the remote UHF signals. (I have a Pronto, and the IR signals seem to be getting through just fine).
I also noted that the on screen display indicates intermittenly that the remote battery is low. Fine, I put in fresh batteries. The remote works fine for about two days. I put in fresh batteries. The remote works fine for about two days. I'm not just repeating myself here. There's a cycle. Holding down a button sometimes helps.
I have tried power resets during all of this. I haven't tried putting a 10db attenuator on the unit.
It may be that the batteries I used weren't really that fresh. But it seems like the remote is draining the batteries, or the message is just wrong. I guess its also possible I'm just getting some UHF interference somehow.
Any other ideas from you all.