DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Godfather
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching a recorded show about a month ago.

Get's to a certain point in the recording, and then the screen goes blank, and the 522 reboots itself, looks for the satellite, etc.

Same exact point in the recording. (I did it 3 times before I figured out what was going on.) I finally fast forwarded past the "bad part", and watched the rest of the show. I meant to keep the show, to keep the bad sector away from anything else, but now, I almost automatically delete recorded shows after I watch them, and I forgot to keep this one.

So fast forward to last night when it happened again with a newly recorded show. So now I'm keeping that show to keep that bad sector "locked out".

I guess Dish's software doesn't have any low level automated disk drive checking going on?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,267 Posts
Not necessarily a bad sector. Probably just a piece of bad code in the recording itself. Sometimes a recorded program with some loss of signal will play havoc with the receiver. I suggest you just delete the recording.

·
Godfather
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to take a chance and not delete the recording. I've never had this happen before (I've had my 522 for about 18 months now), but now that it's happened twice in the past 6 weeks (and I can guess it's because I finally recorded enough programs to get to "that" point on the hard drive), if I delete it, it's just going to happen again. If I don't delete it and if my theory is right, it won't happen again. And I'm going to hold off on calling Dish, because I have enough stuff on the drive that I don't want to swap units. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.