Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Icon
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 522 went a little crazy last night.

It recorded some shows it wasn't supposed to, and for a strangely long times.

I got a 2 hour and 30 minute recording of Law and Order, and a 3 hour and 35 minute recording of Boxing. The first 12 minutes of the Boxing was boxing, followed by a movie.

Before going to bed last night, I wanted to finish programming it to record movies for today. I noticed that quite a few of the time slots said info not avaliable.

First I reset the the 522 by the button on the unit. It reset, and did the sat check; nothing updated in the guide. Next, I unplugged the unit to reset it. Same thing.

I was tired, so I went to bed.

When I got up today, the guide had refilled. Shows that were programmed to record last night didn't record.

The shows I have programmed to record every Sunday, that I programmed it to skip so I could record movies, didn't record either.

It seems to be working fine now.

The only unusual antecedent to the break down was a message I had maxed out the number of timers while programming it. At that point, I simply stoped programming it to record future events. I figured that after it had recorded a few events, I'd just go back and program it to record some more events.

This same thing has occurred once before, under the same circumstances. At the time, I didn't link the message of running out of timers, and missed recordings.

Bob

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.