DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Mentor
40 Posts
ieee1394 said:
Yup. My 510 has started to behave like this now too.
This is apparently a common problem with many Dish receivers/DVRs right now. And there doesn't seem to be a common element. Different hardware, different software, different experiences with receivers left "on" (of course they're always on if they're plugged in, they just aren't sending a decoded signal to any AV outputs), or rebooted frequently, etc., etc.

It's only human to try to find a single cause for an annoying problem, e.g. all cancer happens because you eat a certain wrong thing, live next to Love Canal, etc. But causation is usually more complex. My theory here: Dish has known hardware/software/software upgrade bugs that they haven't been able to fix. They would like you to believe it's your behavior (e.g. failing to turn your receiver off) that is causing the problem. But it's their lousy equipment and software. Meanwhile they continue to promote the DVR feature and to charge all of us who have it a monthly fee. Where's their incentive to devote adequate resources to correcting the problem?

I've stopped paying my monthly programming fee and received an eight-month credit due to Dish's inability to provide the services this fee covers. If I were you, I'd insist on the same. It's just plain illegal to charge for a service and then not provide it! But as long as enough Dish subscriber sheep willingly allow themselves to be blamed for Dish's technical failures, there will be no or very slow improvement.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.