DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Legend
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my BBC installed after my multiswitch and before the first diplexor for several months now. This has been great, it has worked flawlessly and I have recieved my local HD channles OTA adn everything else fine, until now. It seems as though when the switch some channles the new satellite I lost them? I now can't get EPSN and ESPN2 on 206/207, only get them on 72/73. I also don't seem to be able to pick up Fox sports HD and a few others? Would this be due to my diplexing setup? Something else?

· Legend
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One other thing to note. I just checked my signal strength and I have all 0s on 99 and some real low readings on 103. Would the setup affect the signal strength? I could change to the normal setup, just kind of a pain if it won't fix the issue anyway? Also don't want to miss out on the network HD feeds through my OTA for football. We are not scheduled to get the local HD channels until October I believe.

· Godfather
452 Posts
mjferguson said:
I have had my BBC installed after my multiswitch and before the first diplexor for several months now. This has been great, it has worked flawlessly and I have recieved my local HD channles OTA adn everything else fine, until now. It seems as though when the switch some channles the new satellite I lost them? I now can't get EPSN and ESPN2 on 206/207, only get them on 72/73. I also don't seem to be able to pick up Fox sports HD and a few others? Would this be due to my diplexing setup? Something else?
If I were there on a service call I would start on it in this order; cheapest to most expensive/hardest.

1. peaking the dish
2. replace the diplexers - take the diplexers off and see if the 99/103 works
3. replace the b-bands
4. replace the lnb
5. replace the multiswitch
6. suck it up and run a 2nd line for the OTA
7. cuss at/hit/replace the receiver

· Registered
5,530 Posts
Johnnie5000 said:
If I were there on a service call I would start on it in this order; cheapest to most expensive/hardest.

1. peaking the dish
2. replace the diplexers - take the diplexers off and see if the 99/103 works
3. replace the b-bands
4. replace the lnb
5. replace the multiswitch
6. suck it up and run a 2nd line for the OTA
7. cuss at/hit/replace the receiver
Yes, I would bet this is just a dish alignment issue...

· Legend
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the input. I guess I will just call D*. I just went up on my roof and there is no way I can get close enough to the dish to make any adjustments without a REAL tall ladder. the dish is very near the edge of the roof on the second story, can't get to all the adjustment points and don't have a tall enough ladder to get to it that way. I guess I will just eat the $80 charge and hope this doesn't happen again real soon.

· Legend
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just called D* and they say since I am "such a loyal customer" they will give me a free service call!!! I didn't even ask, I was expecting to pay $80.

One other thing I just noticed, 103(c) and 99(c) aren't even showing up in my signal meter? I get 103 a and b and 99 a and b, no c for either? Could this be because of the setup I mentioned I have above?

Like I said I have a service appointment now, although it is a week out. Just noticed the c thing, any input would be appreciated.

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
mjferguson said:
Just called D* and they say since I am "such a loyal customer" they will give me a free service call!!! I didn't even ask, I was expecting to pay $80.

One other thing I just noticed, 103(c) and 99(c) aren't even showing up in my signal meter? I get 103 a and b and 99 a and b, no c for either? Could this be because of the setup I mentioned I have above?

Like I said I have a service appointment now, although it is a week out. Just noticed the c thing, any input would be appreciated.
The HRs call them C & S, while the H called and may still, them A & B. [no biggy].

"Dumb question": what happens when you remove the diplexers and move the BBCs back to the receiver's inputs?

This may be just what the tech will do first.

· Legend
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was planning on moving the BBCs back to the receiver before the tech comes, just so I don't get the "here is your problem" line. With the symptoms I am not thinking that is the issue, but I will still do it. Now that my appointment is a week away I am not in a big hurry. It is a pain to move them since the last tech stripped the screws on my wiring cabinet!

· Legend
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Back in business!!! I got home about 1pm today and the tech had left a message on my phone that he had showed up early and went ahead and realigned the dish. His statement was "man that thing was way out of whack!". Getting over 95 on all sats now including 99 and 103. Gald it was that easy, and free!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.