DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope that this is a simple question.

I would like to use the Dish UHF to IR extender so that I can control a second receiver (211) from multiple rooms. My 6.2 and 6.3 remotes are already controlling the first receiver (622); so I would use the AUX device for the second.

I've tried this, and the remote can control the second receiver via IR, but not through the extender. The extender does not indicate (red led) that any UHF is being received. If I program the SAT device on the remote to control the receiver, then the extender works fine.

Do I have to do something to enable UHF for the AUX device? Sorry for the long-winded question!

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
If your "Dish UHF to IR extender " is what DISH calls "IR-to-UHF Pro Upgrade" and is shown at http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/products/accessories/, you need to send sat UHF Pro (which is different from "old UHF") to the converter. That kit comes with a 8.1 UHF Pro remote that only works with the kit and not to control a receiver with UHF Pro directly. I didn't think the 6.2 or 6.3 UHF Pro remotes that do control a UHF Pro receiver use the same frequency that the 8.1 generates (and the converter is looking for). When you say "If I program the SAT device on the remote to control the receiver, then the extender works fine.", it makes me think I'm mistaken (very possible!).

The 6.2 and 6.3 remotes will generate the necessary IR to control the 211 in Aux, but you'd want to use conventional distant IR methods (Leapfrog, ...) to get that IR to the 211.

There was also a "non-Pro" version of that kit that would take "old UHF" and generate IR to the receiver. The 6.2 and 6.3 DO generate "old UHF" in Aux mode. I've never had my hands on either flavor of the kit. Check the 8.1 remote info at http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/remotes/8.1.shtml to see if you have the "IR to UHF" or "IR to UHF Pro" kit (see 1st FAQ entry). I THINK you could do what you are trying with the older IR-to-UHF kit, but it won't fly with the current "IR-to-UHF Pro" kit (that comes with the 8.1 UHF Pro remote.

Clear as mud?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.