DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to our friends over at tivocommunity.com, 6.3 was released today. Any release notes Earl?

·
Icon
596 Posts
Been playing with it for about 10 minutes so far. The searching for signal during OTA channel changes is still there. Too early to say if the audio dropout problem is still there or not, or any of the recording problems that 63a had. Would love to know if this is to fix all the issues or just the OTA ones.

·
Legend
181 Posts
I received it today as well. Got a HR10-250 yesterday from Directv under their protection plan and it had 3.1 on it. Since yesterday it has updated to 6.3a and the to 6.3b.

·
Mentor
38 Posts
jeffloby said:
I received it today as well. Got a HR10-250 yesterday from Directv under their protection plan and it had 3.1 on it. Since yesterday it has updated to 6.3a and the to 6.3b.
how can i check my HR250 to see if I recieved the 6.3b update??:confused: thanks for any help

·
Hall Of Fame
4,585 Posts
bachj said:
how can i check my HR250 to see if I recieved the 6.3b update??:confused: thanks for any help
> Hit the DirecTV button
> Messages & Settings
> System Information

That will show the software version.

I had my HR10 phone home Wednesday evening while I was waiting for the HR20 download window and got the "Pending Restart" message. A quick restart and now it's running v6.3b. I hope this fixes everything. :D

GH

·
Godfather
343 Posts
Got it here in South Louisiana, last night I forced a call and rebooted...I haven't checked FOX yet....I only had one problem with reciever locking up but FOX OTA was almost unwatchable due to sound hccups. When my wife noticed, I knew it was a problem.....:D

·
Icon
808 Posts
I just forced the download last night by running the add63.tcl script on all of my HDTivos. I checked the SwSystem info this morning and 6.3b was present on all three units. I have no intention of upgrading any of them to 6.3b yet because I want to see how well the bug fix works for the audio dropouts. I do plan on installing a clean 6.3a image to a drive and then hack it so I can run the add63.tcl script. My plan is to upgrade it manually and then make a backup of the clean, unhacked 6.3b image.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
460 Posts
Not definitive proof, but I've logged about three hours of viewing of my FOX affiliate, and so far (crossing fingers), no audio drops. Previously, with 6.3a, I'd get 'em about every five minutes.

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
musiclover408 said:
Is there ANY way to get the update to 6.3 without a phone line!?!?! All I have is a cell phone! I'm still sitting on the old 3.1.5 on 2 working HR10's.
No. But you can take your HR10 to a friend/neighbor's house and use their phone line. Of course, there's no way to know if your particular HR10's Receiver ID has been enabled to receive the software update. My HR10 still hasn't gotten 6.3b.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.