DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an old 6000 receiver for my 57" HD tv and a legacy 508 PVR (no fee) that my wife uses on our SD tv upstairs. I am interested in upgrading both of my receivers as I would like to have PVR ability and my wife would like to have the ability to record multiple programs at once. I haven't looked in to any of the upgrade offers that Dish is offering as frankly they don't seem to be uniform across the board. Also, I own my receivers so I do not think that I would be eligible for any kind of "upgrade"
As far as HD goes, I am mainly interested in the ESPNHD offerings as well as a few movie channels. I currently have the AT180 package with locals, Superstation, HBO and Showtime HD.
What would be the most logical and economical upgrade path for us? Also should I go thru Dish or a local outfit?
Thanks for helping out a newbie!

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Welcome to DBSTalk, KyBoy. :hi:

Read the stickied thread at the top of this forum, and then call and talk to a CSR to see what they'll do for you. You're almost certainly better to go through Dish, but you'll get better service through a local place (with a higher price). To upgrade to a 622, you'll also most likely need a dish and switch upgrade as well.

·
Icon
1,029 Posts
Actually I have not. I am still on the Voom +HD pack but will most likely change in January when the plan is up. It sounds like they will not have the annual discounts or maybe they will restructure their annual discounts to include Metallic. So far the Network HD has been most compelling for me along with Rave. Now and then I catch a movie one of the HD movie channels. I looked at the HBO offering for this weekend and I can't say there was much of anything I even wanted to record. I am a little surprised, they usually have some programs to really draw you in. I am not sure if they are even turning on HBOHD, I didn't see it last night but the SD HBO channels were on.

..Doyle

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
Thank you. I can't tell if they dropped annual just for DHA subs, anybody with a leased receiver, and where a "forced DHA" would fall. I'm not up until Jan either - just curious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.