DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

After reading many of your posts, I decided to go for the 2nd dish, got it & the 6/4 switch, & as it turns out at this time the only chanels on 148 are Hispanic locals.

My "?" for all you knowledgable folks is, is 61.5 active in the Phx. AZ area I tried pivoting to 101 deg. @ 24 deg. elevation & get 0 signal strength, swung it back to (148) 221 deg @ 35 deg. elev. & the above noted locals come right back....

Any suggestions, thoughts, input would be appceriated!!!

I remain under DISH-educated & or confused in Sunny Phoenix...

...TLC...

·
Hall Of Fame
7,473 Posts
There won't be ANY Phoenix locals on 61.5 - what you will find there is mostly International (similar to what you can see on the "All Channels" list for 148), and Sky Angel (a different service that still uses E* equipment and satellite). It sounds to me like you may have a house or a mountain in the way of 61.5 for your location - 24 degrees elevation is pretty low (I know that California/West Coast people go down to 10 degrees in places to get 61.5).

·
Administrator
17,324 Posts
Hi TLC :hi: and welcome to DBSTalk.

The 61.5 satellite is active for everyone but it all depends on whether or not you actually have a clear view of the satellite. I guess my question to you is why you would want to point to 61.5? According to our locals charts http://www.dbstalk.com/dish_network.htm
Your sidesat locals are on 148 which are:

8328 KTVW (Univision)
8333 KDTP (Daystar)
8335 KPHZ (IND)

Congrads on getting your extra dish installed with the SW64 switch. For future expansion of your system, it's the only way to go.

·
Cool Member
28 Posts
I live in north Phoenix and can receive 61.5 with a 90 signal strength. However, it is very low on the eastern horizon and a tree or hill can easily block the signal.

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
There will be no locals at 61.5 but you should be able to pick it up for Sky Angel or The HD demo quite easily.

·
Icon
715 Posts
When I lived in Phoenix, I got 61.5 for Sky Angel and when NASA was on that satellite. I was up on the 3rd floor of an apartment complex facing Bell at Tatum, so I had the elevation. The dish needs to look at a low angle to see it in Phoenix. If Squaw Peak or another mountain is blocking your view then you won't get it. The dish almost needs to look like it's looking at the ground. I get 61.5 here in So Cal too, but I don't have anyplace to set the dish unless I hold it over the pool bathrooms here in the complex, so I don't have it activated. I got signal strengths in the 70's in Phoenix for 61.5.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.