DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Icon
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which mode the 612 receiver remote control is in when it comes out of the box? I've installed several of these, and fresh out of the box, the tab is on the silver side and doesn't operate the receiver. (Rcvr and remote addresses match, and the antenna is on the back of the rcvr) I always have to turn the tab over to the black side for the remote to work. (Fresh out of the box) :icon_cool:icon_cool:icon_cool

· Hall Of Fame
8,968 Posts
By default, the remote comes in RF mode (TV1-UHF). By default, the receiver is expecting TV1-IR, and does not respond to the remote.

It takes 3 seconds to fix this:

- open the right-hand door and press System Info.
- change the remote ID to something other than "1" (you can use any number from 1-16, but chances are a neighbor is already using "1" and may cause conflicts).

For those who don't know how: Press and hold the clear SAT button until all 4 clear buttons turn red. Type in a number between 1 and 16, without leading zero. Press "#". Wait until clear lights flash 3 times. Press "Record". You should see the remote ID update in the System Info screen.

Now you have a working remote, and the receiver has changed to UHF mode and will work in RF mode.

· Godfather
445 Posts
I changed my remote address to 9. It was set to 1 but it does not matter because everyone on my block and the next block and I mean everyone here has DirecTV. Not one house with Dish Network. We are the only ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.