DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AllStar
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new H20 and have had nothing put problems. When go to "Favorites category" and choose "Channels I Get" it shows 620 channels listed. All the boxes are checked and display a (small gray box) inside each box. I called D* and was transfered to Technical Service and as normal, problem was not solved and Tech acted like I was the person in the world that had called about this issue? After the first tech put me on hold several times and eventually did not know what to do, he elevated me to a higher level Tech . The higher tech seemed to be less qualified than the first and seem to not really care. I felt like I was just waisting my time with him. The only thing he could come up with was that I may need to schedule a technician to look at it and maybe have him redo the setup? I'm not sure if the kids that are employed my the local D* installation will know what to do?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
12,591 Posts
Right. All of the current DirecTV Receivers/DVRs (R15, HR20, D11, H20) have this bug where "Channels I Receive" shows all channels and you cannot program it otherwise. The workaround is to setup a "Favorite Channels List" instead.

·
AllStar
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
litzdog911,

Thanks for your response!!! I believe your response but find it troublesome that when you call D* that they never mention a known bug issue? Either they are clueless about the product they support or they have been instructed to not talk about the known bugs?

It pisses me off that D* does not tell the customers about the known bugs, so that a customer waist time like I have trying to understand and correct the problem. I actually have talked to 2 different techs about this and each of them never heard of the problem and had no solution. I also have talked to a long term CSR that was one of the better reps that I have ever talked to. He seemed more qualified than the techs. When I asked him about the issue, he told me that there really was no problem. He mentioned that it was supposed to work like this so that D* could show the channels that people could subscribe to. I told him that I could believe that if it truly showed the channels that D* provided. I went on to tell him that my H20 was showing (Example - 5 local ABC channels). Even if I wanted these extra local channels, D* would not be able to provide them, so I did not understand why D* forced me to flip through these channels.

Thanks!

·
AllStar
93 Posts
I'm glad I found this thread because this bug has been driving me nuts for a few days now. I jumped ship from Dish when I lost my distant networks. My only complaint about DTV is the buggy hardware.

Now that my Harmony 880 is completely programmed I'll get started on the favorites list.

·
AllStar
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sneezy said:
I'm glad I found this thread because this bug has been driving me nuts for a few days now. I jumped ship from Dish when I lost my distant networks. My only complaint about DTV is the buggy hardware.

Now that my Harmony 880 is completely programmed I'll get started on the favorites list.
Sneezy,

If you have a H20 check out my other post in the last few days? You may have the same issues that I'm having. D* customer service has only solved (1) issue for me, the other issues have been solved by the kind people on this forum? I'm alos looking for a new wonder remote? Let me know how you like the Harmony 880 remote?

Thanks!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.