DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
AllStar
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what HDMI cables are included if any on a DVR622 unit? I need an HDMI to HDMI cable now and can't remember if they include one with in the box new,

thanks!

·
AllStar
97 Posts
jimb said:
Can anyone tell me what HDMI cables are included if any on a DVR622 unit? I need an HDMI to HDMI cable now and can't remember if they include one with in the box new,

thanks!
You will get a composite, s-video and coax from sat to tv.

You might get a component if the installer is in a good mood.
You might get a HDMI if the installer is in a very very very good mood.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,884 Posts
I got a DVI-HDMI cable with a DVI/HDMI adapter from my installer. Great guy! He also gave me an 8 ft component cable.

·
8 Posts
Get an HDMI cable. They are expensive, but the picture quality is great. I got a monster cable. I don't know if the extra price was justified, but it was the only brand my local radioshack carried.

·
Legend
136 Posts
jimb said:

thanks!
I opened my new 622's box before the installer. In it were a composite, s-video and a coax.

I bought a 6' component, 6' HDMI and optical audio cable from monoprice all for about $25 including shipping.

Don't get sucked into overpaying for cables. :nono:

·
Icon
625 Posts
mine came with HDMI but no composite nor S-video............go figure.

·
Legend
188 Posts
I've received both component and HDMI cables in all our HD recievers (921, 942, 622). We also got an HDMI/DVI converter cable in a couple of them. I guess the cable pack is somewhat random and we've been lucky lotto winners. LOL. But watch your installer. One of my HDMI cables, a splitter, and the old dish and LNBs went home with my last installer. I'm sure he made a quick $50 on eBay.

:)

·
Hall Of Fame
1,105 Posts
Every 622 I've ever heard of, including the ones I own, included 1-set composite cables; 1-S Video cable; 1 RG6 cable, and 1-splitter (single to dual tuner feed; 2-remotes (1-IR, 1-UHF); 1-RJ45 modular phone cable; Owners manual; UHF antenna (for remote); Batteries (for remotes).

This is the first time I've ever read of 622 being packaged with HDMI cables. I have heard of installers, at times, providing HDMI or component cables.

Perhaps DISH is sourcing its cable packages to another supplier.

·
Godfather
292 Posts
edknarf said:
Get an HDMI cable. They are expensive, but the picture quality is great. I got a monster cable. I don't know if the extra price was justified, but it was the only brand my local radioshack carried.
They're not worth the extra money. Next time go to monoprice.com and stop ripping yourself off.

·
AllStar
97 Posts
I've used Monoprice and they are a great company, also I was even more impressed with cablesforless.com but they were more expensive but there delviery was lightening . i think i had them the next day!

The only downside of monoprice is that they are so cheap their stock levels fluctuate a lot. I have just used a company called svideodotcom - has anyone else used them? i placed my order but not heard a lot from them since then......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.