DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Legend
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SONY 5200 AV/Receiver, which is very complex and has a highly complex remote. I have not found a way to control the 622 from the 5200 remote.

Does anyone know the original manufacturer of the 622 or have any clues for me?

Would like to avoid getting a 3rd party controller as the SONY is very good for what it does.

·
Icon
564 Posts
I had the same problem with my new Sony receiver. It's not the E* codes that are the problem - it's the "mode" the Sony remote and amp are in.

You need to look in the Sony remote guide and find the instructions to change it from "AV2" to "AV1". The remote should have come with AV2 set as its default mode, and that won't work with the 622. Once in AV1 mode, you'll have no problem finding a code that works with the 622's remote.

Hope this helps.

Skates

·
Legend
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Skates said:
I had the same problem with my new Sony receiver. It's not the E* codes that are the problem - it's the "mode" the Sony remote and amp are in.

You need to look in the Sony remote guide and find the instructions to change it from "AV2" to "AV1". The remote should have come with AV2 set as its default mode, and that won't work with the 622. Once in AV1 mode, you'll have no problem finding a code that works with the 622's remote.

Hope this helps.

Skates
Thanks but looking at the SONY remote and the manual I find no mention of AV1 versus AV2. Are you talking about a 5200ES? Maybe remotes are different on different receivers. This one is brand new.

I am not sure that the 622 takes IR? Maybe it is just RF?:confused:

Thanks for the help...

·
Icon
564 Posts
Jerry (yyyy):

Don't sweat it. Trying to find the reference in the manual is like trying to find the proverbial needle in a haystack. But it's Xmas, and in the spirit of giving...

I just looked up your manual online. That is definitely your problem. The instructions on how to change the mode of both the receiver and the remotes are on pages 37 & 38 under "To switch the command mode of the receiver" and "To switch the command mode of the remote".

Here's the link if you'd like to reference online - select the document "Operating Instructions".

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=STRDA5200ES&LOC=3

Good luck!

Skates

·
Legend
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Skates said:
Jerry (yyyy):

Don't sweat it. Trying to find the reference in the manual is like trying to find the proverbial needle in a haystack. But it's Xmas, and in the spirit of giving...

I just looked up your manual online. That is definitely your problem. The instructions on how to change the mode of both the receiver and the remotes are on pages 37 & 38 under "To switch the command mode of the receiver" and "To switch the command mode of the remote".

Here's the link if you'd like to reference online - select the document "Operating Instructions".

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=STRDA5200ES&LOC=3

Good luck!

Skates
Thanks a lot. It is buried there! You guys in Southern California are so much more sophisticated with A/V issues than we poor peasants in the North....

I'll see if it works when I get home. I just got some additional speakers and I'll be working on this prior to Xmas.

Cheers

·
Icon
564 Posts
jerryyyyy said:
Thanks a lot. It is buried there! You guys in Southern California are so much more sophisticated with A/V issues than we poor peasants in the North....

I'll see if it works when I get home. I just got some additional speakers and I'll be working on this prior to Xmas.

Cheers
That's very kind of you to say, but I'm from Canada...:D

Besides, I had the same problem you did, came to this board and another user helped me out - glad to pass along the solution to someone else.

·
3 Posts
I am having similar issues with my new VIP622 remote and a Sony DAV-C770 Dreamsystem. I want to use the sony receiver to control volume instead of the TV. I had no problem changing this around on my Onkyo receiver with TV1, but I cannot find any codes that work with the sony receiver. I have looked in the manual for this AV1, AV2 switch, but cannot find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,887 Posts
litoria said:
I want to use the sony receiver to control volume instead of the TV.
Look for the word "punchthrough" in the documentation. Punchthrough is a technique where the remote sends the signal to the receiver as opposed to the currently selected device.

·
Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
litoria said:
I am having similar issues with my new VIP622 remote and a Sony DAV-C770 Dreamsystem. I want to use the sony receiver to control volume instead of the TV. I had no problem changing this around on my Onkyo receiver with TV1, but I cannot find any codes that work with the sony receiver. I have looked in the manual for this AV1, AV2 switch, but cannot find anything. Any help would be appreciated.
Do a search over on remotecentral.com. They have a sticky somewhere on changing this on just about every Sony receiver.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.