DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· AllStar
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 622 is cycling and will not display a picture, just when you think it will settle in and find SATs it starts over, the fan just runs and runs. I called DISH and they sent another one. TV worked for a day and a half and then started again. Has anyone else seen this behavior? DISH is sending someone out tomorrow to check cabling. I don't have a clue why this is happening:confused:

· Hall Of Fame
2,010 Posts
Is the receiver enclosed in something or sitting out in the open with nothing stacked around it? They can easily overheat and be damaged.

· AllStar
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ChuckA said:
Is the receiver enclosed in something or sitting out in the open with nothing stacked around it? They can easily overheat and be damaged.
It sits on top of the TV in the open. I have plugged directly into the wall and bypassed a brand new surge protector. Same issue persists.

· Hall Of Fame
1,286 Posts
most likely grounding of the satellite system, or possibly phone line if you have that connected. (phone line is much less likely, but can be an issue)

· DBSTalk Club Member
444 Posts
I had same problem (rebooting. Second unit lasted three days. Have a fan blowing down the side of the third unit now.

It's funny that the first 622 I had lasted from the time they first came out till a couple weeks ago? My unit is on a shelf with front and back totally open to the room and no head producing units below??
Couple of questions
1. Is there still a way to readout the internal temperature of the unit?

2. If I get a USB fan is it going to run 24/7 or will it go off with the receiver power?

1 Posts
I have had 3 replacement 622's and am still having the same intermittent problem with the 622 going into a reboot mode and the hard drive running for hours and obviously no picture, can't even use the DVR. 622 is in open space. Only solution seems to unplug overnight.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· 622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,883 Posts
welcome to DBSTalk vttom1.

If you are having the same exact issue with multiple receivers that usually means that either you particular use case is causing a defect or something external is a contributor. What I would first look at is external environment factors. Is it in an enclosed cabinet? Is it on a UPS or power conditioner? Check the connections on your feeds? do you have your Feed Cables running through surge suppressors etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.