DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AllStar
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents travel 6 months of the year and need a dish 1000 for their RV so that they can take their 622 with them. They had an instal guy tell them all they need is a dp34 and another dish 1000. The problem is I don't see a dp34 on their house anywhere, I dont see a switch anywhere on their home installation. They just have one wire coming into a seperator behind their 622, thats all I could see. So why would he tell them they need a dp34 if there wasn't one here? I'm confused. On my istallation at my house they used a dp44 switch. Can anyone tell me what they need to travel with?

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,911 Posts
elmc said:
They had an instal guy tell them all they need is a dp34 and another dish 1000.
The install guy is wrong. The DP34 is not required with a proper Dish1000 and, in fact, they don't get along. The ViP622 needs only one cable from a Dish1000.

Your parents will also need an RV waiver to get around the requirement that the receiver be used only at one address. Access to some or all TV channels from "home" may not be available.

·
AllStar
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They already have the waiver.
So all they need is a dish 1000 and the seperator directly behind the 622, right?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
If he can re-point the D 1000 at his other locations he is good to go. The D1000 w/ the DPP Twin LNB has the switching built in to it.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,911 Posts
elmc said:
So all they need is a dish 1000 and the seperator directly behind the 622, right?
That would appear to be it! I would advocate a printout of the Dish1000 peaking table, a good compass with an appropriate (and current) declination map and a cheap dish peaker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.