DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
AllStar
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 622 is about 4-5 years old now, and is starting to get a little weird.

The big one is that if you are watching any show that is being recorded at the time, it will randomly jump to live tv. This is also true if I just rewind live TV. I'll watch for a little bit - then boom, live tv.

I am also noticing odd sound drop outs of about a second or 2 in recordings, and occasional artifacting in the picture of recordings. Just starting doing this over the last month or so. I think it also cut out on my wife during the twins game last week.

So my thought is, the thing is dying out. It's been a good unit, but so it goes.

So I'm thinking, upgrade to a 722 or a 922. But I can't make up my mind. It doesn't help that when I called dish, they told me if I want to just replace my receiver, I have a crap shoot of 622/722/722k, depending on what the installer has, and of course every knows about the 200 buck premium on the 922. Which I don't have a problem with, but can't decide if it's worth it to me. I mean, Dish kind of makes it a pain in the ass, I'd just like to call and say "send me a 722K" not hope my installer just happens to have one.

I dunno, maybe I should call tech support and go that way. But I figure if I need a box anyway, I want a bigger drive, I don't want another 622.

Advice?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.