DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AllStar
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have to say, I'm extremely upset right now. I turned on my TV and my 622 saidf it needed to delete all my content????!!!??

What good is a DVR if anytime something happens it feels the need to remove my content?

In the years that I used my ReplayTV or my Tivos I've NEVER had it tell me that it was going to arbitrarily delete all of my content off of my device. On top of that, there is no way to archive any of that content without buying a Dishplayer (and even then you can only store what it can hold).

I'm seriously considering dropping Dish all together at this point. I love my HD recording capabilities, but at this point after 10 years with Dish I'm so mad that I might actually switch back to cable.

I just lost 2 weeks of content (I've been travelling for work) and now I'm going to have to either wait for reruns, or download what I can off of the network websites or pay for shows on iTunes (not going to mention the 'illegal' options).

:mad:

·
AllStar/Supporter
192 Posts
This happened to one of my 622's this morning as well. :mad:

Is there any way to get around having to delete all the recordings?

·
AllStar
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I just went back and checked my 622. I don't know if it deleted anything but a number of my recordings are still there.

I checked last night's Lost and it's viewable (at least the first 1 minute), so I guess it was a false alarm.

That is not a good message to display to an end user, however.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,202 Posts
I have heard this happen to other posters and all they did was do a cold re-boot and everything was fine. Moral is, if the 622 asks you to delete all content, ignore the message and do a re-boot.

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
I'm pretty sure at this point that the message is a direct result of data corruption on the VOD (Movies & More and TV Entertainment) partition of your hard drive, and NOT the user accessible DVR event storage partition. It's a bug that was introduced in L3.63 (although it didn't become apparent until L3.65), and should be fixed in the next software release.

Editing title of thread.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,010 Posts
It happened to me as well this morning. Even if you select the Delete button (your only option other than reboot) it will reboot and your recorded programs are NOT deleted. It may have deleted something on the TV Entertainment partition but who cares about that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.