Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, I got the 622 installed after 9 horrible months with D*
Yes, I had to bight the bullet and pay a D* cancellation fee, but the PQ is obviously much better with the 622 than the SD R15 (piece of garbage).
There was no way I was going to wait for their H20 HD receiver for less content!...and more problems.
I'm using HDMI for picture with the 622, and optical cble for 5.1 sound.
The Discovery channels are incredible!
The installer was cool. He set up an extra switch and gave me an extra UHF remote for free, though I paid him for it (he deserved a little extra).
Anyway, I couldn't be happier having DISH back!
Thanks for all of the info you provide here.
---Rich

·
Mentor
45 Posts
I have been with dish for about 5 years and would have to say that the 622 is the best box I have owned. I got my 622 in March, on the first rollout, and love the pq and the programming. Yes, there are a few minor glitches here and there, but overall, it is a great receiver.

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
Glad you got in installed and are happy with the unit nneptune.. I am sure it will take some getting used to, but I am sure you will be moving along quickly with the unit in no time.

·
Legend
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ron Barry said:
Glad you got in installed and are happy with the unit nneptune.. I am sure it will take some getting used to, but I am sure you will be moving along quickly with the unit in no time.
I was with E* for 9 years previously.
It's strange how 9 months away makes you forget the basic features of the remote!
All is going well, and of course, I'm going overboard with the recording of HD shows for now (and viewing). I keep going back to RAVE...love a lot of the music shows.
ESPNHD needs to get rid of their cheatin' ways with the gray bars on each side...while Discovery has it all together.
Things have come a long way since my first 4000 receiver!
The 622 is solid!
(let's hope I'm not here in a few days asking why the thing went flaky...however, after my experience with D* and the awful R15, anything will seem less than flaky).

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
Well ESPNHD has come a long way from when it first released. Lot more HD content and nice to get the Monday night game on it. I remember when ESPNHD first came out and I could not find anything HD on it. You will see those bars on different channels but it sure is a wonderful thing to see.. All that HD.

·
Legend
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ron Barry said:
Well ESPNHD has come a long way from when it first released. Lot more HD content and nice to get the Monday night game on it. I remember when ESPNHD first came out and I could not find anything HD on it. You will see those bars on different channels but it sure is a wonderful thing to see.. All that HD.
Agreed. Looking forward to more HD channels as they arrive. I'm hooked!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.