DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an onkyo r500 receiver for my surround sound and when I hold down the volume button on my 622 remote control it doesn’t make the volume rapidly go up or down instead I have to keep pressing the volume in increments of one. This isn’t the case on my DVD player or TV. Is there any thing that can be done because its annoying to press the up volume 40 times to get it to a comfortable licensing volume. Its also annoying constantly switching to different modes on the remote, this was not a problem with my old Tivo remote. Any help appreciated.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And if the E* remote only sends a single command every time I press the volume, how come this is not the case with my TV where I only have to hold the volume down and it progressively gets louder.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply I have no idea why holding down the volume up or down only moves it in increments of one instead of rapid succession. Do you have to constantly change the modes on the remote from sat to aux and vice versa every time you want to change the channel or adjust the volume? This is very annoying as I didn’t have to do this with my old Tivo remote.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks I wasn’t aware that you could adjust volume on a device of your choice, it worked perfectly I must have missed it in the manual. Now if only I could figure out why my receiver’s volume won’t go up or down rapidly when it works just fine with the controller it came with, and my old Tivo remote. Any other advice on what could be causing this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.