DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I had a weird set of things happen. I have just got a new 622 / 1000+ installation done (last Wednesday/Thursday). Yesterday, I started to lose signal on 129 & 118 evenually losting both. Then the situation got worse later in the afternoon when I lost my other two sat connections to 119 & 110. I call DISH and they have a tech coming today - they seem to think something might have happened to the 'switch' or the 'DISH' outside might have moved? When talking to DISH, I did a 'switch test' on the 622 and I'm showing 'x' in 119 & 118 and 'conn' in 110 & 129 and 'reception errors' in all 4. I have done the 'power off' procedure to reset the 'switch' & 'LNFs' with no luck (several times). Does anyone have any feedback as to what might have happened to cause this failure or any input on what these error mean? Thanks.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,498 Posts
The error means that the receiver is not getting a signal. You either have something that failed or (and this happen TOO many times) the installer did not tighten the bolts on the dish and it moved.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
ccapps3428 said:
Yesterday, I had a weird set of things happen. I have just got a new 622 / 1000+ installation done (last Wednesday/Thursday). Yesterday, I started to lose signal on 129 & 118 evenually losting both. Then the situation got worse later in the afternoon when I lost my other two sat connections to 119 & 110. I call DISH and they have a tech coming today - they seem to think something might have happened to the 'switch' or the 'DISH' outside might have moved? When talking to DISH, I did a 'switch test' on the 622 and I'm showing 'x' in 119 & 118 and 'conn' in 110 & 129 and 'reception errors' in all 4. I have done the 'power off' procedure to reset the 'switch' & 'LNFs' with no luck (several times). Does anyone have any feedback as to what might have happened to cause this failure or any input on what these error mean? Thanks.
Unplug the power inserter when you unplug the receiver. Wait a bit then plug in the power inserter then the receiver. See if that helps by running check switch again. If you don't have a power inserter your receiver may not be able to power the DPP44 that is being use for the D1000+.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
ccapps3428 said:
I've tried the 'power inverter' & unplug the receiver trick with no luck. I think either the switch is broke or the 'outside dish' moved (somehow).
Have you have any high winds or storms lately? Winds could have shifted the dish if it wasn't tightened well or lightening could have taken out part of the outside system.

·
Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, no storms since my 622 was installed last week. If the 'dish moved' it was because it wasn't tighted up correctly. The switch could be to problem too - just not sure. Still waiting on DISH get here today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.