DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· 622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,883 Posts
First time I have heard of this happening. Does the receiver worked as expected?

· Mr. FixAnything
28,025 Posts
Mister, no HD the 622 - it is still 622 !

Your pseudo-DVR have normal 222 config: by that "VAED" I can tell you it is 222 and "L307" been spooled to 222 only.

New step - open a cover and post a picture of PCB, at least that spots where are labels with HW config and SN placed.

I can't believe someone put 222's PCB inside the 622 case ! Could be.

· Hall Of Fame
8,968 Posts
More likely that someone put a 622 door on a 222 receiver. Silk-screening aside, they're the same part. Check the sticker on the back of the receiver.

· Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
IIP said:
More likely that someone put a 622 door on a 222 receiver. Silk-screening aside, they're the same part. Check the sticker on the back of the receiver.
Certainly he should check the sticker's. Really the question is did he order/pay for a 622 or a 222.

Note the number of lights on a 222 are different so its not just a 622 door.

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
If this is a lease (not one the original poster owns) then I hope he doesn't open it up and create a problem with Dish as a result.

Very weird situation though... I wonder if it is just a wrong door installed on a ViP222.

IF it were possible to somehow load ViP222 firmware onto a ViP622 and have it function, then he probably wouldn't have any recording options because that part of the code wouldn't be there even if he physically had a hard drive inside the covers.

I'd say if he is paying for a ViP622 DVR, then get this taken care of ASAP... if it is just supposed to be a ViP222, then at least he isn't being ripped off BUT I still recommend taking care of the inconsistencies because I'd be afraid if he ever turned it back in to Dish they might not believe he has returned the correct receiver.

· Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
jivepepper said:
The lights on the front are the same as a 622 also, Originally I received a 222 it had problems early on. They sent this one out instead and said not to worry about the additional costs. Now I see why lol.
The ones I see are different. Four vs six lights. And they look different on the back as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.