DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mentor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, I had a timer set to record the "Amazing Race" season finale on CBS. The show was scheduled to run from 8p-9p EST. "60 minutes" ran late due to the prior football game running over and "AR" didn't start until 8:30pm; however the timer fired at 8p and cut off at 9p, leavning me with half an episode of "60 Minutes" and half of "AR". I thought the 622 was supposed to be able to "time shift" in the event your scheduled recording got moved back. Is this not true? Thanks for any input....the girlfriend was rather unhappy! :nono2:

·
Hall Of Fame
2,010 Posts
Unless the Guide receives an update reflecting the time change the 622 has no way to know about it. This does not happen for things like football delays. If a program is rescheduled for a different day or time and the Guide is updated, the timer will follow the program.

·
AllStar
66 Posts
I record Cold Case on CBS on Sunday's. I went into options and added 45 minutes to that recording just in case the football game goes long.

Usually my recording starts with the last 30 minutes of Amazing Race:joy:

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
I wind up adding around 30 almost every week. Football games rarely seem to end at the time that they're scheduled for.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
Kind of reiterating what the others said, but the guide is only updated once a day, when your 622 does it's nightly update. By default this is at 3:00am. There are ways to force a guide update, i.e. go into the point dish menu option and then run a check switch, after you exit from that it will update the guide. However, this is not going to catch things like a sporting event running long and pushing out the other shows for the night. I don't know of any DVRs today that are smart enough to catch changes on the fly like that. The best thing to do if you know there is a sporting event on prior to your show is to simply extend the timer or record the show(s) on afterwards so you'll get any over run.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,010 Posts
I believe there is some method for a dynamic Guide update but it does not occur for things like sports game overruns. I remember an occurance where the president scheduled an address maybe a half day in advance and somehow the Guide was updated and the programs following were moved back and all the timers worked correctly. At least that's the way I remember it. But, again this does not happen often.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.