DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post so please don't flame me!!!!!! LOL

Okay so I just upgraded to a 211, 625, and 311 for the house. I previously had an 811 and 3 311's. So...in my son's room, his TV started cycling the TV menus!!!! It's hooked up as TV2 from the 625. It is as though the TV is picking up a frequency that is cycling through and through his tv menus on screen. He cant even watch tv. I called dish and they were clueless and that they had never heard of this problem. Hopefully someone here can help me out? Everything looks connected fine and so on.

·
AllStar/Supporter
143 Posts
Try pulling the batteries out of the TV 2 Remote and see if it stops - you may have a stuck button or defective remote.

If no batteries in the TV 2 remote doesn't stop it, try a full reboot of the system (unplug for a couple of minutes).

The other thing is - and I don't have all of the specs or details on the RF remote part of dish - but could there be another RF source that's causing the problem - cordless phone, wireless network, microwave oven, Ham Radio, etc.

I'm not a Dish hardware expert - just going through some of the things I would try (based on my engineering background...).

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.