DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Cool Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the signifigance of some of the 70's channels being duplicated up in the 500's?

Any satellite problem can be fixed with a big enough hammer!

· Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
lenjack said:
What is the signifigance of some of the 70's channels being duplicated up in the 500's?

Any satellite problem can be fixed with a big enough hammer!
500s are movie channels and adult channels. are you sure it is the 500s

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
Mertzen said:
They are not duplicates anymore. Any channel in 70s is MPEG2HD. If there is an identical channel in the 500s [ HBO HD and SHO HD] they are MPEG4HD
Correct .. And the 70's channels will be going away at some point, so if you have Series Links associated with those channels on your HD DVR, then you should move them to the higher numbered channels.

· Cool Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

70 = 501 HBO
71 = 537 SHO
72 = 209 espn2
76 = 281 hdth

So the 70's are lower quality mpeg2's and will be dropped? So no need to keep them in the channel scan, right?

· Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
lenjack said:
Thanks

70 = 501 HBO
71 = 537 SHO
72 = 209 espn2
76 = 281 hdth

So the 70's are lower quality mpeg2's and will be dropped? So no need to keep them in the channel scan, right?
that seems to be correct, but don't drop them yet (Especially with a hammer)

· Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
Doug Brott said:
And folks, please keep in mind that these channels may go away sooner than you expect ..
and then you can take a hammer to those channels, (If you can find them ) (Not the satellite dish, not the rcvr, only the channel)

· Hall Of Fame
2,463 Posts
I've removed all the channels in the 70s from my favorite list. If I would need access to those channels all I'd have to do is to switch to the "All Channels" list, so I see no reason to keep them in a favorites list if you have a MPEG4 HD receiver.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.