DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Cool Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else with a 721 have a problem with the digital audio? What happens is that it will play fine, but when I skip forwards or backwards it will sometimes get to a state where I hear a loud hiss from my receiver. The hiss will stay untill I skip forwards or backwards again. The normal, analog audio works fine.

Thanks.

· Cool Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I now believe this is a receiver problem. As a simple test, I click the skip ahead until I got the loud hiss. I then powered my receiver off then on and the hiss went away. I will replace the optical cable this weekend to see if the problem goes away. Strange that I never encountered this problem when my Dishplayer was connected to the receiver.

BTW, my receiver is a Kenwood VR-409.

1 Posts
I have the same problem with my 721 digital audio? It will play fine, but I usually hear the loud hiss from my receiver when I skip forward. I have to go backwards and forwards again to get it to stop. The normal, analog audio works fine. But it just so happens my receiver is also a Kenwood VR409. I bought the Kenwood about the same time as the 721 so they've been together since birth. I always thought is was the 721 but maybe the two are just incompatible?

1 Posts
I have the same problem with the Audio, the hissing and sometimes just pure snow sound effect. It happens when I forward through a recorded event, reply recorded or live events. I also get the problem by simply changing channels, it is so random, but happens way to much it is very annoying.

Dish Network sent me 3 replacement receivers and I still have the Problem. I think it might be my A/V Receiver (I have Kenwood VR-407).

I found that if you unplug and re-plug the optical cable when you get the hissing sound the issue resolve, so I really think it is the Kenwood receiver.

Dish Network, could not replicate the problem on their end and they could no longer help me!!!! :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.