DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!
I had set my 721 to record The Larry Sanders Show on the Comedy channel from 10 - 11PM on this past Saturday night. I double checked the setting and all was fine. Sunday morning I get up and check the PVR page and sure enough there are two programs titled "The Larry Sanders Show". Good to go, right? Not! Sunday afternoon I go to watch the shows and it had recorded Fox 5 channel??? What the heck is going on? The PVR page indicates it recorded The Larry Sanders Show but in actuality recorded a completely different channel.

Any advice people? Operator error?

Thanks,
Jim

· AllStar
56 Posts
Jim,

I don't think I'd blame operator error. I've had a 721 for about three weeks now and I've had several problems with recording. It's never recorded the wrong channel, but it will fail to record an event that I have set, and occasionally it has recorded a show I have not set it to record (I set it to record a particular channel at the same time every week, then it'll record it at the same time on random days).

I'll be calling tech support tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find out.

· Godfather
432 Posts
I also have cases of it recording things I never set timers for, or last night it recorded something (on the correct channel) but about 5 hours early.
Also it is really annoying when for whatever reason the channel info for the first few seconds of the recording is still on the previous show's info, and the recording then says it recorded the previous show, you go to see why it recorded something you didn't want and find out that it is in fact what you wanted just labeled incorrectly.
They need to get this resolved or let us edit the show names..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.