Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Legend
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been a dish sub for about a year now. I am very happy with the service. I currently have a 501 with 5 additional 301 receivers. My question: If the 721 becomes available and I decide to upgrade (from the 501), will I have to pay E* for an extra account (721 comes with dual turner)? According to Dish, one can not add more than six receivers per account. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
I believe though that his question deals-----at least in part----with the fact that two lines go into the 721. It would require a new coax from the switch and I suppose that may be an issue.

Good question.

·
Legend
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Geronimo,

Thanks for clarifying the issue. This is exactly what I would like to know.

Also, it has not been clear to me why E* does not allow more than six receivers per account. Somebody brought this up once either on Charlie Chat or the Technical Forum Chat and the response was that E*'s accounting system will not allow it. I guess they do not have a billing system that can charge for more than six receivers per account. This I find to be odd, to say the least. The same happens at D*; I inquired and they told me that only six receivers per account is allowed to residential customers. No explanation why... Is the problem technical or is it really their billing system?

Any comments on both questions will be appreciated. Thanks.

G

·
On todays dealer CChat it we were told that the 721 would come out at the end of this month and ramp up quickly.

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
Two coax? I only have one coax going to the basement for the DBS will I need another for the 721 I have pre ordered? I may have to rethink this as there is no way to get another coax down there now that the house is built.

·
Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
I think he knows he needs two but the question is will DISH allow him another if he is up to six already.

as for the other gentleman well you may have to go through a wall. It might be doable but I don't know your setup.

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
You can have only up to 6 receivers on an account. The model 721 counts as one receiver.

My advice to him is if he already has 6 receivers to throw the one marked with a Dishplayer logo out of the higest point he can find. :D

ALways remember to videotape! :)

·
Godfather
432 Posts
I have pre-ordered the 721 from Dish Depot, on their site they now have a picture of the 721, and I noticed it looks like the back panel has a total of 5 coax connectors
2- for satellite feed from dish
1 for a antenna/cable input
1 for regular RF out
What is the last one for?
Is it another RF out, and maybe down the line it will be possible to send a 2nd output (different then the first to another TV)
Maybe we will all find out in a few weeks..

·
Legend
217 Posts
All this hookup talk still gets me confused....lol. Guess you might say I am the type that never does a self install. As I stated in another post, I am thinking of going to a one room install of Dish again (I will not even care about Dish's reconnection charge. Getting back to Dish will be the important thing). Looks like a 721 will be the thing for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.