DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cool Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I'm using the guide to tape a show, sometimes I seem to get the option to control whether it tapes to TV1 or TV2...other times I don't.

For example, I just ordered a PPV movie, I'm down here on TV1 and my wife is upstairs on TV2 watching something. I ordered the movie, it was starting in 15 minutes, the record option came up immediately but there was no option to change the tuner and it set to tape on TV2. There's nothing on our schedules to be taping tonight, so there's no conflicts.

Any ideas?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,286 Posts
You only get that option when no one is watching the other tv, and you are starting a recording immediately. (ie, recording what is on at the moment).

·
AllStar
60 Posts
Yes, there IS a conflict, because you are both watching a live tuner. You have two tuners from the satellite (plus one from OTA). If you are watching tuner 1 live and she watching tuner 2 live then both are in use, so the box defaults to recording on the tuner you are on when you scheduled the record of the PPV. The other tuner is not available because she using it to watch live. If only one tuner is being used then recording can default to the other tuner, and if neither is in use then the box can ask you which tuner to schedule the recording on.

·
Cool Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lostinspace said:
Yes, there IS a conflict, because you are both watching a live tuner. You have two tuners from the satellite (plus one from OTA). If you are watching tuner 1 live and she watching tuner 2 live then both are in use, so the box defaults to recording on the tuner you are on when you scheduled the record of the PPV. The other tuner is not available because she using it to watch live. If only one tuner is being used then recording can default to the other tuner, and if neither is in use then the box can ask you which tuner to schedule the recording on.
See...that's the point and your description is backwards from what actually happened.

I am on TV1, she was on TV2. I WANTED to tape the PPV on my tuner, TV1, while I was watching the PPV as well. It kept overriding whatever she was watching on TV2 and changing her channel while I'm sitting there in front of TV1 hitting record.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.