DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Mentor
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 622 and a 722. Both are powered off during the night and sometimes for several days.
The 622 is getting VOD movies that show up on the multiple channel 501's.
My 722 has never ever had 501 available in the guide at all.

I'd asked about this in another thread here and someone suggested calling Dish.
So I did but that was a useless call! They had me do all the normal check switch, power button reset stuff that I've done many times since they started VOD or Dish on Demand.
Of course it did not work so I waited 48 hours after that call (they resent my authorization) and still had no 501's showing.
So I call again and a good guy answers and he understands and does not make me go through all the basic crud again. Instead he insists that a installer come over to fix the problem. I refused and he finally gave in and hooked me with someone in higher support. This higher level support guy told me flat out that the 722's cannot get VOD at this time until they push a new software update out!

I told him I know several that have 722's and they get the 501 or VOD just fine.

So what should I do at this point?

Should I call again or is it true that 722's do not get VOD?
I can see that maybe some older 722's may not get it but I have not read that fact here so I assume that all with a 722 are seeing channel 501's.

My 722 is hooked to my Plasma that is 1080P and that is why I'm wanting the 501's so I can see what 1080P looks like.

I'm confused and feel that I was fed a line of crap!

· Godfather
395 Posts
kruser said:
I have a 622 and a 722. Both are powered off during the night and sometimes for several days.
Powered off or power shut off to it?:confused:
If the power is shut off to it. I would guess you didn't get the up-date.
What software version does your 722 have? :confused: Hit menu twice to find out. If it's not L613, I would pull the plug and wait a minute and plug it back in. Then check it again.

· Hall Of Fame
2,010 Posts
I believe Dish is aware of issues with some 722s not getting channel 501 VOD. I don't think you need any hardware changes made. Just a future software update. Obviously the support people we get on the phones can't be in the loop on all problems so if you feel like you got a line of crap, don't think it is intentional.

· Registered
1,062 Posts
kruser said:
The 622 is getting VOD movies that show up on the multiple channel 501's.
My 722 has never ever had 501 available in the guide at all.

I'd asked about this in another thread here and someone suggested calling Dish.
So I did but that was a useless call! They had me do all the normal check switch, power button reset stuff that I've done many times since they started VOD or Dish on Demand.
Of course it did not work so I waited 48 hours after that call (they resent my authorization) and still had no 501's showing.
So I call again and a good guy answers and he understands and does not make me go through all the basic crud again. Instead he insists that a installer come over to fix the problem. I refused and he finally gave in and hooked me with someone in higher support. This higher level support guy told me flat out that the 722's cannot get VOD at this time until they push a new software update out!

I told him I know several that have 722's and they get the 501 or VOD just fine.

So what should I do at this point?

Should I call again or is it true that 722's do not get VOD?
I can see that maybe some older 722's may not get it but I have not read that fact here so I assume that all with a 722 are seeing channel 501's.

My 722 is hooked to my Plasma that is 1080P and that is why I'm wanting the 501's so I can see what 1080P looks like.

I'm confused and feel that I was fed a line of crap!
Try setting your "Updates" setting (Menu 8, 4) to a time that is note between Midnight and 6am mountain time. You might also try disabling DishCOMM (if your using it) for a couple of nights. (as mentioned above).

· Mentor
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, I was not aware of Dishcomm problems! I did have that enabled.
As far as software version, It does have the latest 6.13 just like my 622.
And when I said powered off I meant what I said. The box was powered off but not unplugged. I do know I will not get anything if the box has no power!
I come from the C band days (before captain midnight) and have been around for a while!

I do appreciate the dishcomm suggestions as that is something I did not find while searching here.

· Mentor
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On another note, customer service is lacking! They did not even know what VOD is and even when I spelled it out they still had no clue what it meant! That is just bad.
They all told me that I do not subscribe to channel 501!
One rep even looked it up in the online guide and told me no movies are currently showing on 501 and that is why I cannot get the channel!
Pathetic I say.

I'd almost rather deal with at&t and the people they use for their tech support!

I've used the [email protected] blah blah email before after getting the run around from phone agents and have had very positive results each time I did such.
In this case I did not think it warranted a email to that address but maybe I was wrong.

· Godfather
395 Posts
kruser said:
On another note, customer service is lacking! They did not even know what VOD is and even when I spelled it out they still had no clue what it meant! That is just bad.
Do they even have satellite tv in India.:eek2: Well I would guess at least not Dish network. It would be nice to at least to talk to crs that may have a chance of having the service.:eek2: They might have a better idea of what the hell we are talking about!!!

· Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
Yes they do. I received a call from someone who had just moved to the U.S. from India. He had brought his dish and receiver with him and wanted me to install it and he wanted to get the satellite at 95 degrees east. I told him that was not possible from Michigan and that he would have to subscribe to a service with a satellite on this side of the world.

· Legend
253 Posts
n0qcu said:
On 722.s withthe current software if you have DishCOMM enabled you won't get any VOD. I would expect a fix to come out "SOON" since they are aware of the problem.
I thought you need to have it enabled unless you have all your boxes connected to a phone line or some other reason like that...:confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.