DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· AllStar
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When viewing a recorded program on a 722, I have recently experienced a problem with fast forwarding. When a commercial starts and I fast forward 4x (1 button press) or 15x (2 presses) and then press Play when I want to start viewing again, it jumps ahead about 3-4 minutes past where I am seeing the program when I press Play. Then I have to rewind back to where I want the program to begin again after the commercial. This is a recent phenomenon, and quite annoying. It does not seem to do this in Rewind, only FF. Anyone else experience this and is there a fix or is a replacement needed? Thanks.

· Registered
3,469 Posts
IndyTim said:
When viewing a recorded program on a 722, I have recently experienced a problem with fast forwarding. When a commercial starts and I fast forward 4x (1 button press) or 15x (2 presses) and then press Play when I want to start viewing again, it jumps ahead about 3-4 minutes past where I am seeing the program when I press Play. Then I have to rewind back to where I want the program to begin again after the commercial. This is a recent phenomenon, and quite annoying. It does not seem to do this in Rewind, only FF. Anyone else experience this and is there a fix or is a replacement needed? Thanks.
Why are you using Fast Forward instead of Skip? Press Skip ~8 times for four minutes of commercials.

The problem you report has been widely reported by a number of folks and there are threads outlining the problem.

· Hall Of Fame
2,010 Posts
And the problem seems to be corrected today by L5.12.

· Registered
3,469 Posts
ChuckA said:
And the problem seems to be corrected today by L5.12.
Let's see; L5.10 was released with bugs. L5.11 was released to fix L5.10 and was released with bugs. L5.12 has been released to fix L5.11.
I'm nervous. :)

· AllStar
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TulsaOK said:
Why are you using Fast Forward instead of Skip? Press Skip ~8 times for four minutes of commercials.

The problem you report has been widely reported by a number of folks and there are threads outlining the problem.
Sorry, should have searched first. I don't use the Dish remote since my a/v equip is in a closet and I didn't set up my MX 350 to use the skip function since I was unaccustomed to using previously, but will do so now.

I guess life is harder for me, Tullie.

· 622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,883 Posts
Looks like there might be a fix in L5.12 to address the FF issue. See the L5.12 thread for discussions. Closing this thread to avoid splintering on the FF issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.