DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· AllStar
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 722 this is sort of a dumb question to some of you all out there but I wanted some input before I go running coax etc. to remedy the problem. OK the 722 is in the Front room or living room whatever you want to term it. And I have the UHF Antenna mounted up high probably 1.5 feet from the ceiling. And the other TV that is hooked up to it is 2 rooms away ( probably 18 feet from the receiver) changing channels in the bedroom is hard to do sometimes because you have to go thru 2 walls to get to the antenna ( signalwise) you feel like you have to stand on your head to get anything accomplished on changing channels or clearing off the info screen or other menus. I can walk out in the Kitchen and wallah pretty well all of the time change the channel. So should I disconnect the 8ft. or so run from the receiver to the ceiling and run a new line of coax from the receiver to the bedroom so the antenna will be in the same room as the other TV that the 2nd tuner is controlling in order to change channels easier. The 1st tuner should be able to change channels ok due to the remote interface on the front of the 722 O.K and since it is ( the 722 is directly below the TV) the UHF Antenna is to control the 2nd tuner therefore it should be in the same room as the TV that the 2nd tuner of the 722 is servicing right? Sorry to sound like a dummy on probably something simple and I should of been told by the installer that I might have to run/hook up the UHF Antenna to the bedroom to control the 2nd tuner portion of the receiver IF it was running thru 2 walls to change it. So to put it plain and simple just run a longer run of coax from the antenna port of the receiver thru the floor and into the bedroom like I was planning on to do anyways. Will this remedy the problem of standing on my head so to speak pointing the remote in different ways in order to find the sweet spot ( signal ) to change the channels. BUT coreccting this should not cause a problem in the living room because it can send the signal thru the receiver to change channels in there.
Just a plain and simple YES or No will do.
IF NO tell me how to remedy this problem in your words.
Like before sorry to sound like a dummy

· AllStar
54 Posts
the dish workaround for antenna issues is kind of complicated but Ill try to explain it.

things you'll need

2- combiner/splitter

3- 6"-8" coax jumpers

the idea is to combine the antenna with the TV2 output at the receiver and then separate them at the TV2 location.

Disconnect the antenna and the TV2 connection at the back of the receiver.

Using 2 jumpers and one combiner/splitter, connect the side of the combiner/splitter with 2 connections to the TV2 connection and the antenna connection on your receiver.

Connect the single side of the combiner/splitter to either the VHF/UHF of the diplexer (if you have one in line) or the cable you removed from the TV2 output.

At the 2nd TV location remove the connection from your TV.

Using the other combiner/splitter connect the single side to the cable that was connected to your TV.

Connect the antenna to one of the connections on the other side.

Using another jumper connect the remaining connection on the combiner/splitter to the TV.

now you should have your picture back and have a very fast very reliable response from you remote commands.

· AllStar
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
works like a pro. no more pointing the remote to the side .....up high or down low.... turning it every which way but the right way or running out in the hall to switch it to get the channels to change.... no diagram needed pretty simple.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.