DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a noob at satellite services and installations so please bear with me on this question. I just placed in a 722 dvr replacing my 942 dvr. The signal is downconverted for the 2nd tv. I cannot seem to get any picture on the 2nd tv at all. I think its hooked up right. I must have missed something where you have to program the 2nd remote or do something on the menus of the receiver in order to activate that outgoing signal from the back of the dvr? My off air is working fine through both, just not the sat picture. Did I miss something? Thanks.

·
Godfather
264 Posts
Miggwilson said:
I'm a noob at satellite services and installations so please bear with me on this question. I just placed in a 722 dvr replacing my 942 dvr. The signal is downconverted for the 2nd tv. I cannot seem to get any picture on the 2nd tv at all. I think its hooked up right. I must have missed something where you have to program the 2nd remote or do something on the menus of the receiver in order to activate that outgoing signal from the back of the dvr? My off air is working fine through both, just not the sat picture. Did I miss something? Thanks.
You have to assign a TV channel for the satellite programming to be shown on. I believe it is in the 70-80 range? Mine is set to channel 73.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,105 Posts
Miggwilson said:
To be more specific, if your TV2 is connected via coax to the Home Distribution port on the 722, go into Modulator Setup (Menu >6 >1 >5) and select a channel. Then, tune your TV2 to that same channel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.