DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mentor
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was "attempting" to watch the Edmonton vs. Colorado game last night on channel 768 between 10:00PM and 1:00AM ET. I got the game (Center Ice) but the picture constantly dropped out and pixelated. By constantly I mean every two minutes or less. The sound never dropped out. I reset both my HR20 and my HR10-250 and the problem continued. The weather was clear and my signal strength was in the mid 90's the entire time. No other channel was having this problem.

I am in MD and I called a friend in IL and he was having the exact same problem. We talked and we both agree that this is a problem about 50% of time when DirecTV is showing a feed from CBC for Hockey Night in Canada. The HNIC broadcast is a big reason a lot of people get Center Ice.

Is anyone else having this issue and do you have any suggestions on getting DirecTV to take care of this? I contact them and they tell me it is a connectivity problem on my end. I know that is bull because no other channels are having the problem and I had a DTV tech out that tested my system and found mid 90's signal strength on both boxes. In addition, when the CBC feed is on 765 the problem is still there.

Anyone?

·
Godfather
260 Posts
I had the same problem here in Austin, I figured it was a problem with the CBC feed. I just wish they would turn on the Altitude channels (all regionals) and carry the CBC feed on the CI channels. I get tired of them blocking the NESN channel for the Red Sox.

I have all SD boxes right now (HD install next week) and this was on my Hughes Tivo box, I didn't try my older Sony boxes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.