DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Godfather
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having lots of issues on any channels on the 99 band. When I had my Hr20 installed in Oct 07, the D* installer was not able to get it above 60-65 signal on the 99. I did not know any better and just assumed since I was receiving the channels all is well. Well now it's rare that I can watch anything on the 99 band (771 errors). Do I have a prayer of a D* installer fixing the 99 or do I have to get a neighbor and do it myself?

How hard would it be to fix it using a web cam viewing the signal strength and a laptop on the roof?

· Hall Of Fame
3,682 Posts
gquiring said:
How hard would it be to fix it using a web cam viewing the signal strength and a laptop on the roof?
If the dish is properly mounted [ which can be part of the problem ] and there are no issues with LOS it can be done pretty easily.

· Dad
5,798 Posts
Consider if you take the laptop to the roof and it slips, you will be pretty upset and wish you paid for the installer to do it. Assuming you are very comfortable and able to do the work on the roof.

Or if you have the $5.99 monthly insurance plan, there's no charge for the service call. If you don't, get it, wait 30 days and then call for service and it will be free.

· Hall Of Fame
3,433 Posts
gquiring said:
What's the best alignment instructions? Is there something that will give me a hint as to just fine tune the 99 issue?
Check your PM's.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.