DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

8 wallys on home dish

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  wobbie 
#1 ·
Looking to put in 8 wallies on a home dish. What lnb and switch would I need. Western arc dish.

#5 ·
I believe 8 Wallys can also be connected to a single Hybrid LNB or DPH42 feed.
James.....my buddy and I are going to wire my nephews new house. He currently has 3 222's but wants all hi-def. He isbuilding a 5 bedroom home and looking at possibly 12 t.v.s. I've been out of the Dish seen for awhile and have heard about the wallies. He us not interested in dvr at all. His tv room will off course have the projector and 2 other flat screens. Are the wallies a good option for this confuguration?? We are going to run hdmi over cat6.

#4 ·
I believe 8 Wallys can also be connected to a single Hybrid LNB or DPH42 feed.

#6 ·
Wallys are simple receivers. If all he wants is watch live tv it should work for him. He would need the DPH42 switch and could connect up to 8 Wallys per output on the switch (similar to DIRECTV's SWiM). For best results all cable should be RG6.

Is he thinking of installing all of the receivers in one room then running HDMI over Ethernet to the actual TVs?

#7 ·
Wallys are simple receivers. If all he wants is watch live tv it should work for him. He would need the DPH42 switch and could connect up to 8 Wallys per output on the switch (similar to DIRECTV's SWiM). For best results all cable should be RG6.

Is he thinking of installing all of the receivers in one room then running HDMI over Ethernet to the actual TVs?
Yes he is......

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.