Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have some questions about the "dish-pro":

1) Is the 811 a dish-pro receiver ( I meant can it be used with a dishpro LNB )?
2) Is a dishpro LNB going to fit in the Y arm that was used before to hold 2 dish legacy dual-LNBs?

Thanks.

·
Icon
701 Posts
altadata said:
Hi
I have some questions about the "dish-pro":

1) Is the 811 a dish-pro receiver ( I meant can it be used with a dishpro LNB )?
2) Is a dishpro LNB going to fit in the Y arm that was used before to hold 2 dish legacy dual-LNBs?

Thanks.
Altdata,

1) All Three Digit Model Numbered Dish network receivers, 301, 311, 322 ,501, 508, 510, 721.. etc work with Dish Pro LNBF's Dish Pro Switches without any adaptor needed.

2) If you are going to replace the LNBF(s) on your current Dish 500 then get a Dish Pro TWIN, as if needed in the future you can purchase a Dish Pro 34 switch if you ever need more than 2 receivers or receivers with multiple satellite inputs, ie (322, 522, 625, 721, 921, 622). A Dish Pro TWIN is designed to fit on the "Y Yoke" on the Dish 500's mounting arm.

Lastly you do NOT need to replace Dish Legacy LNBF's and switches if you plan to use Dish Pro receivers. All Dish Pro Receivers will work with Either Legacy LNBF's and Legacy switches OR Dish Pro LNBF's and Dish Pro Switches. You can NOT use Legacy LNBF's with Dish Pro Switches, or Dish Pro LNBF's with Legacy switches. It's either or ALL Legacy LNBF's and Legacy Switches, or ALL Dish Pro LNBF's and Dish Pro Switches.

The older Legacy receivers (All Four Digit Model Numbered Receivers 1000, 2000, 3000, 2700, 3700, 3900, 4000, 4700, 4900, 5000, 6000, JVC DVHS, etc) will NOT work with Dish Pro LNBF's or Dish Pro Switches without a Dish Pro Adaptor for each Legacy receiver.

The ONLY exeption is the Dish Pro PLUS 44 Switch it will function with all Dish Pro Receivers and Legacy Receivers without a Dish Pro Adaptor for the Legacy receivers, be aware you MUST use Dish Pro LNBF's with the Dish Pro Plus 44 switch.

John

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the detailed information.

The problem is that I have legacy dual LNBFs with a dish 500 ( Y arm ).
I want to add a third satellite to the system, but I couldn't find a way to do it using legacy switches. If there is a way please let me know.

On the other hand, I already have a DP34 switch, so I was pondering over the question of moving everything to dishpro LNBFs. The question is which will be least expensive to do.

·
Mr. FixAnything
27,250 Posts
If you'll find cheap SW64+inserter+PS and have third legacy LNBF, then plastic straps will works OK for holding it on other side of existing LNBF.

If you will go with DP34, then Dish1000 will be better investment.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
P Smith said:
If you'll find cheap SW64+inserter+PS and have third legacy LNBF, then plastic straps will works OK for holding it on other side of existing LNBF.
/QUOTE]

All I have is a Dish pointing at 110/119 satellites using a Y plastic arm ( 2 dual LNBFs). I'm not sure, but are you saying that you can hold a third LNBF to the existing ones to catch 61.5? I was pretty sure I need a second dish for that.
Can you clarify?
TIA.

·
Super Moderator
10,082 Posts
I think many are missing the fact the poster is in Ontario.

Having said that there is a Canadian (Bell Express Vue) version of the 811 receiver.

PSmith, I am not sure how the Canadian version is labeled, so saying it is a DP811 is not necessarily accurate. In fact IIRC the US version has a couple different logos. Such as JVC 811, DP811, DP 811, and Dish 811.

Having said that I don't see why a Canadian 811 wouldn't see DP LNBF's considering who designed the receiver. But to be honest, I am not sure the Bell 811 and Dish 811 will communicate to each others systems. NIT tables, Security, etc.. are probably all assigned in the firmware.

·
Mr. FixAnything
27,250 Posts
Canada have 6100, plus he want 110W and 119W so no question where it goes :). I saw long time ago an expalantion - factory Dish and Evu receivers have same software, only after pointing to right sat, they will be tied to particular provider.

And we both made mistakes - he didn't mention 61.5W and I assumed he need 129W.

[You beat me - I just wrote about being "the 811 guy !" and not aware dp811 mark, when you CHANGED your post :D]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.