DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Godfather
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the installers came out earlier today and made the change over from two 811s to one 622. I am beginning to wonder if it was a big mistake. My wife calls me during work and tells me that TV2, which had been working fine right up until that morning, no longer works with DISH. I am skeptical, but she swaps it for a basement TV of the same size and all is well, for a little while.

Later, I get home and it seems as if the installers removed my ability to get OTA reception from the indoor attic in my home. I was using diplexers and a single feedline to get the old signal from the basement to the main level and then splitting it back to two separate inputs on the 811. During the switch over they installed their own diplexers and are using it from the 622 to the second TV. Am I no longer able to get the OTA signal from the internal attic antenna because of the way that the signal is sent from the 622 to TV2?

The ironic thing is a few minutes after I inspected their installation, which I was not real happy with, I lose the ability to get DISH reception. The wife calls DISH and they are not much help. I did have my frustrations with the 811s for the year and half or so that I had them in service, but this doesn't seem like a real good start for me for the 622.

As an aside, I still want to be able to get my local OTA HD channels directly from my OTA antenna, if I can.

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Jim, don't blame your terrible installer experience on the 622. That's not the problem here...

Search around, there have been several posts in the last month or so talking about how to use one cable to run both OTA to the 622 and TV2 out from the 622. And, if you're losing your Dish signal on TV1 as well, then the installer did something to screw that up as well. I'd be calling Dish over and over until they get someone out to fix the mess. And, if the first installer was from an independent company, I'd be calling them to complain as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.