DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
They're really trying to clamp down on numbers like that, they get posted on the internet and everyone uses them.

· Godfather
274 Posts
What's the big deal about getting through to a human versus an IVR? If you were getting through directly to tech support without having to deal with "level 1" then that would be impressive. Does the IVR system take that long to navigate?

· Icon
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used the number from Gethuman this morning and had to sit in silence until the AVR decided to send me to a person because I was not responding. That is frustrating to me. I liked having a number to dial and actually have a live person answer right off. It was nice while it lasted.

I did get three months of free HBO though.

· Godfather
331 Posts
Sort of dumb question...

How often do you call D*? In the 1.5 years that I have been a customer, I think maybe I have called them twice for some technical issues. I agree that it's tough to get to humans sometimes, but sometimes the humans aren't any better than a recording!

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,882 Posts
jwt0001 said:
Sort of dumb question...

How often do you call D*? In the 1.5 years that I have been a customer, I think maybe I have called them twice for some technical issues. I agree that it's tough to get to humans sometimes, but sometimes the humans aren't any better than a recording!
Agreed. Oh, been with D* almost 12 years and I think I've called them *maybe* once a year. Lately it's been my yearly call to get Superfan free/discounted. :D

· Legend
121 Posts
wipeout said:
I used the number from Gethuman this morning and had to sit in silence until the AVR decided to send me to a person because I was not responding. That is frustrating to me. I liked having a number to dial and actually have a live person answer right off. It was nice while it lasted.
Saying "cancel" at the first voice prompt seems like a pretty simple way to get a human to me... :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.