DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AllStar
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YES it took over six months, but I'm glad to report that the 8mm effect is FINALLY gone in Miami!!!

They fixed it on the local sports channel a couple of weeks ago and now they took care of it on the local network affiliate channels.

I'm sitting here watching football on CBS in HD and it looks awesome! Last night I tuned into SNL on NBC and it looked awesome. These are the two channels where the problem existed.

To those of you on the sidelines waiting to get MPEG4 DirecTV in the Miami market, you now have a solid green light, as far as I'm concerned.

It's ironic that they would get it fixed a couple of days before OTA is enabled. I've been begging for OTA for months BECAUSE of the 8mm effect....and now that I'm about to get it, I no longer need it. :hurah:

Bernardo in Miami

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
Same here in Philadelphia. Last week, we had a day without any signal on one of the MPEG4 locals (ABC), and the next day, ABC was back and looking great, and NBC and CBS were both as HD should be. Not sure what happened, but whatever it was, it's great. Now, if the HR20 continues to behave, we'll all be back enjoying recorded HD programming. I know my time on DBS Talk has diminished considerably.

·
Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
tstarn said:
Same here in Philadelphia. Last week, we had a day without any signal on one of the MPEG4 locals (ABC), and the next day, ABC was back and looking great, and NBC and CBS were both as HD should be. Not sure what happened, but whatever it was, it's great. Now, if the HR20 continues to behave, we'll all be back enjoying recorded HD programming. I know my time on DBS Talk has diminished considerably.
We had that same thing happen last weekend in Cleveland and when things cleared our CBS was fixed. As the OP said kudos to D*.

·
8 Posts
DCSholtis said:
We had that same thing happen last weekend in Cleveland and when things cleared our CBS was fixed. As the OP said kudos to D*.
DC (or anyone else from CLE area)- I am relatively new to the forums, but I am just curious, how was your CBS from Cleveland this weekend? Mine was horrible, both the basketball and football games were almost unwatchable...very "digitalized". In fact, for me it was probably the worst it has been. Other stations are great...just CBS is bad. Thanks.

·
Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
CBS 19 seemed alright to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.