DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,716 Posts
TimG517 said:
Any idea of who is getting the Local HD's this week?

Springfield - Decatur - Champaign IL is in dire need of them. Stupid 2 dish market!
You DO realize that you will STILL need that 2nd dish if you want ALL our locals, since ONLY the big 4 nets will be on the MPEG4 birds. Also, if you have non-MPEG4 SD equipment, it won't see those new birds, either. The rest of the locals will not be moving over for awhile.

And, at least we DO have locals, in spite of needing the (little) 2nd dish - look at how many markets STILL do not have ANY locals, even in SD...
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
4,973 Posts
dishrich said:
You DO realize that you will STILL need that 2nd dish if you want ALL our locals, since ONLY the big 4 nets will be on the MPEG4 birds. Also, if you have non-MPEG4 SD equipment, it won't see those new birds, either. The rest of the locals will not be moving over for awhile.

And, at least we DO have locals, in spite of needing the (little) 2nd dish - look at how many markets STILL do not have ANY locals, even in SD...
Yep that would be me. I would be happy with any locals even if SD.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
239 Posts
Is there anyway of searching to find out what the "turn on local ldls" dates might be? I tried AVSForum, satguys, the d* website, etc.

Norfolk

WHEN ARE THE NORFOLK HD LILS GOING LIVE GOSH DARN IT!​
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dishrich said:
You DO realize that you will STILL need that 2nd dish if you want ALL our locals, since ONLY the big 4 nets will be on the MPEG4 birds. Also, if you have non-MPEG4 SD equipment, it won't see those new birds, either. The rest of the locals will not be moving over for awhile.

So, NBC, CBS, ABC, and FOX will be moving to the 5LNB dish?

I have a HR20-700 and a R22-100 (which I am told can handle MPGEG-4 - receives HD locals with AM21).

I can get decent reception on MY Network, and CW and NEVER watch PBS

Any idea if they are coming Wednesday?
 

·
Mentor
Joined
·
37 Posts
NorfolkBruh said:
Is there anyway of searching to find out what the "turn on local ldls" dates might be? I tried AVSForum, satguys, the d* website, etc.

Norfolk

WHEN ARE THE NORFOLK HD LILS GOING LIVE GOSH DARN IT!​
It's in October for Norfolk. They seem to be sticking to the schedule pretty much so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
 

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
13 Posts
The HD versions of the locals are now showing in the online programming guide. have been since about 8:30am CST this morning...

For the lasta two weeks, anything that showed up in the EPG on monday, when live about Wednesday or Thursday.

Here's to hoping.

thanks
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Champaign - Decatur - Springfield, IL showing HD for locals!!!!

It shows
3 (cbS)
12 (pbs?)
14 (Pbs?)
17 (knight rider)
20 (ABC)
23 (CW or MYTV)
51 (PbS?)
55 (fox)
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
238 Posts
I might regret this since it happened last week to no avail, but Burlington is showing HD's for NBC, FOX and VT Public Television. Nothing for CBS or ABC yet, but looking forward to Wed to see!! (Should anyone with D* authority read this, ABC would be sweet sometime soon, Lost in SD isn't nearly as cool!!!!) :gott:
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
238 Posts
I figure I should start the begging now.....:D
 

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
23 Posts
Matman said:
I might regret this since it happened last week to no avail, but Burlington is showing HD's for NBC, FOX and VT Public Television. Nothing for CBS or ABC yet, but looking forward to Wed to see!! (Should anyone with D* authority read this, ABC would be sweet sometime soon, Lost in SD isn't nearly as cool!!!!) :gott:
I'm hoping for Burlington too !!! After the mass light up party last week (which we were not included), D*.com updated thier schedule so I'm hopefull this means they still intend to get to us in Sept.

They updated it to read as follows :

September: Burlington Vt.-Plattsburgh, N.Y.; Champaign-Springfield-Decatur, Ill.; Myrtle Beach-Florence, S.C.

October: Boise, Idaho; Charleston, S.C.; Colorado Springs-Pueblo, Colo.; Columbia-Jefferson City, Mo.; Davenport, Iowa-Rock Island, Ill., Moline, Ill.; Dayton, Ohio; Evansville, Ind.; Harlingen-Brownsville, Texas; Norfolk-Newport News, Va.; Savannah, Ga.; Springfield-Holyoke, Mass.

November: Des Moines-Ames, Iowa; El Paso, Texas; Fort Smith, Ark.; Fort Wayne, Ind.; Greenville-New Bern-Washington, N.C.; La Crosse-Eau Claire, Wis.; Macon, Ga.; Peoria-Bloomington, Ill.; Rockford, Ill.; Sioux Falls, S.D.; Traverse City-Cadillac, MI

December: Dothan, AL; Bangor, Maine; Beaumont-Port Arthur, Texas; Butte-Bozeman, Mont.; Harrisonburg, Va.; Palm Springs, CA; Tallahassee, Fla.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
80 Posts
dishrich said:
You DO realize that you will STILL need that 2nd dish if you want ALL our locals, since ONLY the big 4 nets will be on the MPEG4 birds. Also, if you have non-MPEG4 SD equipment, it won't see those new birds, either. The rest of the locals will not be moving over for awhile.

And, at least we DO have locals, in spite of needing the (little) 2nd dish - look at how many markets STILL do not have ANY locals, even in SD...
Not true. All of the locals in our market will be moving to Ka.

Moment of truth in 36 hours...
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
61 Posts
:hurah: i have been hoping for high def locals for so long not sure when they will get here. but when they do i will be so happy. wife was so nice to let me go and get a new sony 40 inch 1080 recently and when they arrive i will be so happy keeping my fingers crossed for this week

go cubs go :) [/SIZE]
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
238 Posts
roywatson said:
I'm hoping for Burlington too !!! After the mass light up party last week (which we were not included), D*.com updated thier schedule so I'm hopefull this means they still intend to get to us in Sept.

They updated it to read as follows :

September: Burlington Vt.-Plattsburgh, N.Y.; Champaign-Springfield-Decatur, Ill.; Myrtle Beach-Florence, S.C.

October: Boise, Idaho; Charleston, S.C.; Colorado Springs-Pueblo, Colo.; Columbia-Jefferson City, Mo.; Davenport, Iowa-Rock Island, Ill., Moline, Ill.; Dayton, Ohio; Evansville, Ind.; Harlingen-Brownsville, Texas; Norfolk-Newport News, Va.; Savannah, Ga.; Springfield-Holyoke, Mass.

November: Des Moines-Ames, Iowa; El Paso, Texas; Fort Smith, Ark.; Fort Wayne, Ind.; Greenville-New Bern-Washington, N.C.; La Crosse-Eau Claire, Wis.; Macon, Ga.; Peoria-Bloomington, Ill.; Rockford, Ill.; Sioux Falls, S.D.; Traverse City-Cadillac, MI

December: Dothan, AL; Bangor, Maine; Beaumont-Port Arthur, Texas; Butte-Bozeman, Mont.; Harrisonburg, Va.; Palm Springs, CA; Tallahassee, Fla.
Yes, I got to eat some humble pie last week aftger posting to all that BTV was on the list, and then the next day we got taken off....serves me right for promising the wife that her days of switching inputs on the TV for OTA locals (long story, took off my 72.5 dish last month for my Slimline upgrade....) I had to beg forgiveness when we got pushed off.......
 

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
23 Posts
Matman said:
Yes, I got to eat some humble pie last week aftger posting to all that BTV was on the list, and then the next day we got taken off....serves me right for promising the wife that her days of switching inputs on the TV for OTA locals (long story, took off my 72.5 dish last month for my Slimline upgrade....) I had to beg forgiveness when we got pushed off.......
Yeah, I was right behind you last week seconding that we we're on the list. I'm hoping (because of the updated schedule) that you and I are not back here doing this again next week. Kind of a bummer getting pushed to the last week of the month cause all the suspense is drained out ( or we get major league p***** off because we were lied to).

It'll all be over in 36 hours :scratch:
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
87 Posts
roywatson said:
Yeah, I was right behind you last week seconding that we we're on the list. I'm hoping (because of the updated schedule) that you and I are not back here doing this again next week. Kind of a bummer getting pushed to the last week of the month cause all the suspense is drained out ( or we get major league p***** off because we were lied to).

It'll all be over in 36 hours :scratch:
Well, I noticed that several of the HD networks showed up in the online listings again, but still not WCAX or WVNY (I show WPTZ, WCFE, VPT, and WFFF in HD on the online listing).

I share your pain, and then some. Being almost 100 miles away from Burlington but in your DMA, but with the Green Mountains between us, I basically can't get OTA.
 
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top