DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading one of the posts above and someone mentioned that tuner two has more audio output than tuner 1, I can see the increase in audio when switching from TV 1 to TV2, and TV1 is a digital (optical) out to my NAD reciever, but TV2 is analog (RCA) directly to the TV, and is louder than my 110 watt x 7ch reciever at similar volume settings, until I turn the NAD way up to match or exeed the analog signal.

Is there a way to compare or even send the audio from 1 & 2 via the optical audio so I can compare the two through the same wire and the same reciever at the same volume? or how can I switch from 1 & 2 audio, I tried the swap button in single and dual mode but the info bar always says Tv1 and no difference in audio thanks in advance.

·
Icon
650 Posts
With swap you are switching tuners, it has more to do with the optical versus analog output than it does with with tuner you are using. Why does it matter if you need the volume up a little more on your NAD to hear it? I have my optical to my Yamaha and I have to have it up quite a bit to hear TV but it doesn't matter. :)

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It just seems lacking on audio, particularly on some channells more than others where you can't hear, I know it's a common thing, on some channells I have to turn it to about -10 to -6 to get good audio that you can feel even 0db at times, my refference level is reached at -15 on normal audio source when I calibrated the receiver. (using the test tones)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.