Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AllStar
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm a little worried that my new 5 LNB dish was not installed correctly (installer was just out this morning). It is showing some odd results in guided setup and the signal strength screens for the 99 & 103 sats. Everything else seems normal.

The installer installed just a new Slimline 5 LNB dish. I already had the H20-600 receiver (previously this was connected to a 3 LNB dish). I also already had a Zinwell 6x8 (WB68) multiswitch. The receiver is at the 0F14 firmware version.

When the installer (and myself trying it again later after doing a full reset) did the guided setup the following were the results:

101 - OK
110 - OK
119 - OK

99 (Network 10) - failed
99 (Network 11) - OK

103 (network 14) - failed
103 (network 15) - failed

It then said the setup was not completed successfully because only 4 sats were detected instead of 5.

So, basically guided setup is saying it could not find the 103.

However, if I then go to the signal strength screen, I do see transponders 1 thru 6 active on the 103. All others are listed as n/a. Here are the signal strengths for the 103.

1=0, 2=0, 3=93, 4=58, 5=53, 6=34

For the 99, the signal strength screen shows n/a for all transponders on both networks.

The signal strength screens seem to show the exact opposite of what the guided setup said. Guided setup said there that 99 (Network 11 was OK), and the entire 103 failed. Signal strength screens show the 103 OK for 6 transponders and the entire 99 dead???

I do in fact receive my two HD locals fine (Providence, RI DMA Zip = 02879). I get both WLNE (6) and WJAR (10) in HD now.

The installer said that since I am getting my HD MPEG4 locals, not to worry.

Does anyone know what is going on here? Am I going to have trouble later on when they add more HD channels on the 99 and/or 103?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
The H20 has some problems with its reporting of satellite testing during setup. From your numbers it looks like Providence HD locals are on 103, transponder 3. The other transponders you see are from spotbeams from other cities, in your area the cities that have HD locals are close together and so the spotbeams overlap. Since you are not getting any signals on 99 I had assumed there are no cities with 99 spotbeams near you. However Boston has locals on 99 and I am pretty sure you would be in that spotbeam so I am concerned you might have a problem on 99. But before you do anything, check/post in the Providence local reception thread at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=265419 to see if anyone else is seeing 99.

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
The H20-600 always reports n/a on 99 (actually mine showed it correctly until it did an update in early August). This has no effect on performance and hopefully will be fixed when an update finally comes out. I also see this but pick up the two Seattle HD locals which come from 99. As the installer said, don't worry.

·
AllStar
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully D* gets that bug fixed with the next update. Pretty confusing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.