DBSTalk Forum banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

· Mentor
589 Posts
I just jumped back into SiriusXM for a year. Received a letter with a special offer after the Memorial Day free preview event. Just $5/month, for 12 months, for All Access. I spend a reasonable amount of time driving, so it's nice to have access to listen to sports broadcasts.

· Hall Of Fame
1,891 Posts
Went on chat and got the $99/yr (+ taxes and junk) so I'm happy. No adapters used yet.

· Registered
1,413 Posts
For a second year in a row I didn't have to deal with any CSRs by call or chat. Just logged into my account, under "Active Radios/Subscriptions" I clicked the down arrow for the "I want to..." field then selected "cancel my account". Then a pop-up asked me if I wanted to view some offers before I go, selected view offers and I was given the option to chose All-Access for $99 for 1 year, Select for $60 for 1 year or Select for $30 for 6 months.

I chose my usual Select for $60 for 1 year (plus taxes & fees) offer.

Reactions: B. Shoe and gjrhine

· Icon
1,029 Posts
I tried the same website approach that I used last year and never got a decent deal. So I ended up using chat and told the agent I wanted to keep my $5/month all access plan. They said sure thing and renewed me for another year. I think it was 75ish after all the taxes and fees.

· Hall Of Fame
3,254 Posts
A short phone call or chat once a year doesn't seem like a big imposition to get a bargain rate. I don't have to call until early next year.

· Legend
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I did mine via chat yesterday also in under a minute as well forgot to mention that. It was pretty painless. though it's still a PIA playing the rate game when they could offer more reasonable rates to begin with..
So you would rather have higher rates overall than the option of better rates through chat. Not hard to figure out that is the way it would be. Business 101 stuff.

· Administrator
569 Posts
Just renewed for another year. Sure would be nice not to have to jump through hoops annually for every service I use.

Reactions: B. Shoe
41 - 60 of 85 Posts