DBSTalk Forum banner
61 - 80 of 85 Posts

· Legend
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Just renewed for another year. Sure would be nice not to have to jump through hoops annually for every service I use.
That makes no sense whatsoever. Do you expect no price increases ever? What "hoops"? Do you see the posts here about renewing through chat with no hassle whatsoever? Renewing is now about as hardship free as it gets. Just accept full price renewal if you want to not "jump through hoops" whatever that means. They rest of us will take the discounts and thank you for keeping our renewal prices at a minimum.

· Registered
837 Posts
Just renewed for another year. Sure would be nice not to have to jump through hoops annually for every service I use.
To be fair at least SiriusXM's "jump through hoops annually" was very fast and easy. Through the online chat I had the whole thing done in five minutes. Getting that kind of great package deal is easily worth five minutes of my time. But I get what you mean.

· Super Moderator
54,190 Posts
What "hoops"? Do you see the posts here about renewing through chat with no hassle whatsoever? Renewing is now about as hardship free as it gets.
I believe you answered your own question. Why do long term subscribers have to ask for a better rate through chat? I've been loyal to SiriusXM for X number of years, why not just make it automatic?

is it fair that some people are paying $6 while others are paying $30 for the same service? I suppose it is fair to the people paying $6. What is wrong with better prices for all?

I feel the same way about DIRECTV's deep discounts for noisy customers. $50-$60 off each month for some customers. Fair?

· Legend
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I believe you answered your own question. Why do long term subscribers have to ask for a better rate through chat? I've been loyal to SiriusXM for X number of years, why not just make it automatic?

is it fair that some people are paying $6 while others are paying $30 for the same service? I suppose it is fair to the people paying $6. What is wrong with better prices for all?

I feel the same way about DIRECTV's deep discounts for noisy customers. $50-$60 off each month for some customers. Fair?
Public companies have something called shareholders. The management and board are obligated to maximize shareholder value any way they see fit. You can learn about this in Business 101.

As consumer you can take it, leave it or find ways to take advantage. "What is wrong with better prices for all?" really means higher prices for all. This is not really a difficult concept.

· Super Moderator
54,190 Posts
"What is wrong with better prices for all?" really means higher prices for all. This is not really a difficult concept.
It doesn't have to mean higher prices for all. The "Business 101" decision comes down to how much money the company can make by setting good prices vs playing pricing games.

SiriusXM is risking losing customers who don't want to pay the posted renewal rates and decide to cancel and walk away. They do have the safety net of sending multiple "come back" offers to those who cancel until an acceptable price point is reached. But they have set a trap where people who play the game would leave if SiriusXM ever stopped their discount offers.

Reasonable prices do not have to be higher prices for all. They may end up being higher prices for you, and if you are the only person you care about I can see why you think giving you a deep discount is best for their business. But that isn't a Business 101 based decision figuring out what is best for the business - that is figuring out how to best serve "Gary".

· Super Moderator
54,190 Posts
Apparently you are here for a fight not a discussion. Best you got? Enjoy your service.

· Icon
3,690 Posts
I had no luck with all access

They gave me music and entertainment for like $80

Called and chatted in nov and dec .

Anyone recently have any luck ...

One agent said AA or platinum i could get for $180 i said no .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Legend
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
I had no luck with all access

They gave me music and entertainment for like $80

Called and chatted in nov and dec .

Anyone recently have any luck ...

One agent said AA or platinum i could get for $180 i said no .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I let one of my vehicles lapse and the great email deals started coming in 2 days.

· Hall Of Fame
4,351 Posts
I'm tired of always having to threaten to quit to get to the "real" price of a subscription - and I don't mean just SiriusXM (that's not an issue with me since I bought a lifetime subscription in 2006). I signed up with a newspaper on a 1-year special for $15 or something like that. Renewal came up and they wanted $50/year and logged on to cancel. They immediately offered me a $9/year subscription and I signed right up.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts